A Look Into The Stars Of Tomorrow
Let's face it, today's stars are getting old. Drogba is 34, is 28, Maicon is 31, Zanetti is 39 and well, Giggs maybe as old as Fergie (he's 38). We need to look to the big boys (England), along with some lesser known players in leagues like the MLS. Most players below you may never have hear of until know.
- Darlington Nagbe, Portland Timbers (Liberia): In only his second year pro, he has netted 6 goals so far, with 3 assists while not being carded once for the struggling Timbers. It's clear that his productivity will improve when the team he is on does. Most Like: Ashley Young (Without the diving)
- C. J. Sapong, Sporting KC (USA): Sapong has broken out with KC, finding the the back of the net 7 times in only his second season. He is well built has has a soft touch, that creates beautiful goals. Most Like: Ramires
- Darren Mattocks, Vancouver Whitecaps (Jamaica): Mattocks has scored 7 times in 16 games in his rookie campaign with Vancouver. Only just in second place in the MLS ROY race so far, he is a legit threat. He has been liked with several top clubs across Europe, and look for a move soon.
Others to look out for: Andy Najar (DC United), Danny Mwanga (Portland Timbers), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Omar Salgado (Whitecaps).
Introducing Souleymane Coulibaly
- Souleymane Coulibaly, Tottenham Hotspur (Ivory Coast): He may be the next Drogba, scoring 10 goals in 7 games for the Ivory Coast U-17 team, and joining Tottenham from Siena. While he hasn't played an competitive game for Tottenham, look for him to go on loan soon. He has been dubbed the future of Tottenham for good reason. Most Like: Dider Drogba
- Jordan Rhodes, Blackburn Rovers (Scotland): Clearly Steve Kean did something right with Blackburn; signing Rhodes from Huddersfield for £8,000,000. While he is able to play for the Three Lions, he opted to play for Scotland, getting 4 appearances with 1 goal. He has also been linked with Fulham, Everton and Villa, but look for him to lead the Rovers back to the EPL. Most Like: David Beckham
- Jamaal Lascelles, Nottingham Forest (England): Since making his way through the Foresters youth academy, Lascelles has grabbed the attention of Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Currently on loan with Stevenage F.C. the defender has put up a respectable goal in 7 games. Most Like: Ashley Cole OR Leighton Baines
Others to look out for: Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Matt Phillips (Blackpool), WIlfried Zaha (Crystal Place)
- Ahmed Khalil, Al-Ahli (UAE): Look up Khalil's stats and you'll be wondering why a top club hasn't signed him yet. At the ripe age of 21, he's made 4 appearances for the UAE senior team with one goal, and played for them in the Olympics. He's scored 18 goals in his last two seasons, but didn't play in 2011-12 due to the Port Said Disaster. Most Like: Daniel Sturridge
- Kawin Thamsatchanan, Muangthong United (Thailand): The only keeper on the list, Kawin has attracted everyone, including Man United, who he was supposed to have a trial with before breaking his wrist. Also, he trained for two weeks with United rivals, Man City. He is a star in Asia, and it looks like several EPL teams like both Manchester teams, Chelsea and Arsenal are eager to sign him, but he has expressed his desire to go a smaller league like the Portuguese league first. Most Like: A better Ali Al Habsi
- Jong Il Gwan, Rimyongsu (North Korea): Not a lot is known about him other than his basic stats, in which he has scored 2 goals in 10 games for the North Korean National Team. He has been linked with Newcastle and PSV, and could be soon on his way out of North Korea.