Extreme Sports Exclusive
A Few Extreme Sports
This list in know way represents all extreme sports. This list is composed of the most popular of these high octane, thrill a minute sports. Having said that, here is the TOP 10.
1. Bungee Jumping: If you have a fear of heights this activity probably isn't the best thing for you to try out. It is done over the water or sometimes over a safety net or inflatable ball. Now they have two seater bungee jumps and bungee jumping where the rider hangs from his feet. I have done the traditional Bunjee and it was exciting especially the initial drop.
2. Hang Gliding: This looks fun and peaceful. I would need to somehow feel "safe". I think that, that might be an impossible task. A true extreme sport that requires all safety measures be followed including watching the weather forecast closely. It is however, entertaining to watch on television or youtube. It is on my bucket list and eventually I plan on trying this high flying hobby.
3. Motocross: Motocross racing is dangerous because you can wreck your motorcycle while racing and jumping over the hills. You don't want any broken bones so it's best to gain experience before trying to emulate the professionals. These guys practice for years in order to get to the top level.
4. Paragliding: Paragliding is a thrill a minute sport in which you fly like a bird through the sky with wings that you adjust by moving your arms. Always wear your safety glasses while operating this bird of the air. Practice may make perfect but always check wind conditions before attempting this ride.
5. Skydiving: I have contemplated doing this. Crazy right? Yes. There's a skydiving facility in Cullman, Al. I bet it's exhilarating. At any rate the experienced divers do all sorts of flips and spins in mid air. Some states have annual shows with skydivers performing.
6. Surfing: A person stands on a board and catches the wave and rides it to the shore while performing tricks. Surfing takes many years of practice in order to master. A good surfer knows to keep up with the tides and the weather before hitting the waves. I have never surfed but I have used a body board to ride waves and it is breathtaking.
7. Snowmobile: This looks like a lot of fun. I guess it's the equivalent of riding a four wheeler but, this is done in the cold and in the snow. Always wear a helmet when riding one of these vehicles. During races snowmobiles go around sharp curves and deep hills.
8. Rock Climbing: Even though you have a safety harness, Rock climbing is still a dangerous adventure. You must concentrate and be strategical or you will slip and fall. Always use all your tools that is at your disposal if you want to be a successful rock climber. I have and never will try rock climbing.
9. Skateboarding: Skateboarding is fun to watch but when high flying stunts are being performed serious injuries can and sometimes do occur. Always wear a helmet, gloves and knee and elbow pads when performing high octane stunts. When I was a teenager I Skateboarded with friends but never got anywhere with it.
10. Mountain Biking: This sport takes high endurance as well as fearlessness to succeed. When a bike is going high speeds around a mountain anything can happen. Safety should be a top priority when riding bikes at high speeds. Always scout the locale before taking the bike out and be prepared physically and mentally for dangerous courses.
* Please let me know what your favorite extreme sport is by leaving your thoughts in the comments box located at the bottom of this article.
Links To The Sports World
- Poor Man's Workout Routine
This article shows different ways to get in great shape for free. Sit ups, push ups, jogging, crunches, stretching, Arm rolls and knee lifts are just a few of the exercises listed in this hub.
- Sports In The Air!
Their are none oar sports and they even have sub sports with them if you will. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed here along with other information on Aerobatics, Ballooning and Air Racing.
- Best Documentaries in Sports History
This article describes the top sports documentaries ever including When we were Kings, Hoop Dreams, Beyond the Mat and Tyson. You Tube clips, pictures, polls, maps and commentary are listed here.
- Best Tennis Players of All Time
This article focuses on the best Tennis players ever. Roger Federer, John McEnroe, Jimmy Conners and Arthur Ashe are highlighted in this hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps are listed here.
- Best Coaches in NBA History
This article documents the top basketball coaches in NBA history. Phil Jackson, Chuck Daly, Pat Riley and Red Auerbach are featured in this hub along with facts and information on them. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are also li
- The X-Games at a Glance
This article documents the X Games for the Summer and the winter. Snow boarding, skateboarding and skiing are listed in this sports hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls and commentary are featured in this blog as well.
- Best Wide Receivers in NFL History
This article is about the top wide receivers in NFL history. Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Chris Carter are featured here along with pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary.
Snow Mobile Tricks
Which is The Best?
Which is Your Favorite Extreme Sport?
Safety is Important
Whenever performing dangerous activities always be well prepared and well protected. Always use everything allowable for protection such as helmets and seat belts. Remember safety is the number one priority. Win or lose we can all live to fight another day, so to speak. Make sure it is legal to skate where you are located and check for possible obstructions before you begin. Completely check the layout especially if it is an outdoor course.
Snow Mobile Racing
Extreme Sports Ranking
World's Tallest Bungee Jump
© 2012 Buster Johnson