- Sports and Recreation»
- Hunting & Shooting
Benefits of Joining the North American Hunting Club
I've been a member of the North American Hunting club for a few years now, and must admit, it's one of the best $12 purchases I make a year. I'm not exactly a hardcore hunter, but I do enjoy the subject and make it out into the field every now and then, and this club helps me keep hunting as an interest. If you're contemplating join, but are on the edge, let me give you a quick rundown of the benefits:
- The first benefit is that you will start receiving North American Hunter Magazine. This magazine is packed full of information, is in full color, and written by hunters for hunters. You'll get information for in the field while tracking down whitetails, turkeys, big game, and more. You won't be able to find this magazine in stores, only current members are able to receive the issues.
- You'll also be privy to field testing privileges. Instead of the magazine staff going out and testing each product, they let their members test the products and do the write up. But before you get too excited, after all these years, I haven't ever received one thing to review.
- The third benefit is that the club gives away products on a fairly often basis. You'll have to enter the drawings to win, but they generally offer some pretty nice stuff if you do win.
- As a paid member, you will have full access to the website www.HuntingClub.com. The site contains a lot of member-only information that you won't find inside the magazine. You'll also be able to browse through North American Hunter back issues. You can also manage your membership, view your recent orders, and pay your dues via the website.
- The club also sends out a e-newsletter (nearly everyday) where you will receive great tips, techniques, features, and news.
- When your check clears and you become a member, you will receive a membership card with your member number on it. In reality, I don't really think this card serves any real purpose other than when you are renewing your membership, but I could be wrong.
- One of the more useful features is access to the NAHC Hunting Resource Directory. The directory lists hundreds of outfitters and guides in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico who received "Recommended" ratings from NAHC Members who have hunted with them. You'll also find many other features including outfitters and guide associations, fish and game departments, and taxidermists.
- You'll gain access to special savings. You can take advantage of special discounts from other members who guide hunts, own lodges, manufacture equipment, or are otherwise involved with hunting.
- Get you'll photo published! As a member, you'll have the opportunity to get your color photo, with your trophy, published in North American Hunter . Every issue contains pics of members and their prized trophies. I haven't bagged anything worth sharing, so I don't have a clear idea of how hard or easy it is to get your picture published.
- NAHC Annual Big Game Awards. If you harvest a big game animal and enter it in the NAHC Annual Big Game Awards program, you could win such prizes such as guns, bows, knives, hats, shirts, and more. Any animal can win no matter what size it is. The President's award is given to the most outstanding of all. It is based on the size and difficulty of the hunt.