- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports
Best College Football Players of All Time
College Football Greats
College Football Legends
1. Tim Tebow (Florida): The Florida Gators star quarterback has amazing statistics. Look at these numbers. 88 passing touchdowns, 57 rushing touchdowns and 9, 285 passing yards to go along with 2,947 rushing yards. What a player he was nominated three times for the Heisman winning it once in 2007. He led his team to National Championships in 2006 and 2008. Tim Tebow was one of my favorite college players to watch play. He could run, jump, slide and score like no other quarterback could.
2. Herschel Walker (Georgia): Walker had statistics that can not be denied when he was the half back for the Georgia Bulldogs. He rushed for 5, 259 yards in his three year NCAA playing days. He also had 49 rushing touchdowns. He won the Heisman trophy in 1982 and he helped to defeat Notre Dame to win the Sugar Bowl. Walker was a legend in his own time, he was another great and entertaining player. When he touched the ball you knew great things were going to happen.
3. Bo Jackson (Auburn): Bo Jackson won the Heisman trophy in 1985 and he was the consensus All American in 1983 and again in 1985. Jackson had 43 rushing touchdowns and 4,303 total rushing yards in his four year college stint. Bo Jackson was fortunate to be a part of the winning Auburn Tigers for the Sugar Bowl and the Liberty Bowl and was the MVP of both football contests. You must have respect because Bo knows multiple sport success. Bo knows best.
4. Red Grange (Illinois): Grange won All American honors three years in a row. In 1923, he won, The Helms Athletic Foundation Championship. Grange had 2,071 rushing yards and over 900 yards from punt and kick off returns. He has played all over the field including running back, punt returner and even quarterback. Red passed for 575 yards and tossed three touch downs.
5. Archie Griffin (Ohio State): Griffin had a banner Junior year rushing for 1,695 yards and scored a total of 12 touch downs in 1974. He is the only Two time Heisman trophy recipient and had some nice stats including 25 rushing scores and over five thousand career rushing yards.
6. Doak Walker (Southern Methodist University): In 1948, as a Junior he won the Heisman trophy and was a three time All America which is outstanding. He won the Maxwell Award and he played lots of positions which is amazing. He was a half back, defensive back, kicker and punter. He played wide receiver and quarterback on occasion. Walker had over 2,000 rushing and receiving total yards, 14 passing touchdowns and over 1,600 total pass yards.
7. Barry Sanders (Oklahoma State): He easily won the Heisman trophy in 1986 while rushing for 2,628 yards. He won the Holiday Bowl and had nice stats including: 3,556 rushing yards, 47 TD's and over 1,400 yards from punt and kick returns. Barry Sanders went on to play for the Detroit Lions as a running back and although he never won a Superbowl, he is widely considered one of the top running backs in Detroit Lions history.
8. Jim Thorpe (Carlisle Indian): In 1911 and 1912 he was an All American and he led his team to a National Championship in 1912. Thorpe had over three thousand yards on the ground, 330 passing yards and over 700 yards in kick off and punt returns.
9. Charles Woodson (Michigan): In 1997 Woodson won the Heisman trophy playing Iron man for the Wolverines. That is to say he played offense and defense. He was a corner back, kick returner and a wide receiver. He helped Michigan go undefeated and win the National Championship He was a true defensive talent that helped him get 18 interceptions, 395 yards receiving and even two rushing scores. I really enjoyed watching Woodson go on to play for the Oakland Raiders. He was a corner back and knocked downed lots of football passes and made lots of interceptions as well.
10. John Elway (Stanford): He was an All American in 1982, and finished second in the running for The Heisman Trophy voting that same year. He passed the football for a very high 77 touchdowns and his yards for his four year career were outstanding with 9,349 passing yards. In the 80s John Elway was a household name. He could do amazing thing when he touched a football.
Please feel free to leave comments in the comments box at the bottom of this page because I love reading others' opinions. Also, tell me who you think the number 1 player in college football history is.
Where Did He Play?
view quiz statistics
Birthplace of Bo Jackson
Who is The Best?
Who is the best College Football player ever?
Jim Thorpe on DVD
- Hockey's Best of all Time
This article is about the top hockey players in the history of the NHL. This is a hub about the best with the puck. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, links and commentary are all listed here.
- Motorboat Racing: As Fun As It Gets
Racing boats and other water mobiles has grown big time as a sport and this article documents that fact along with pictures and youtube videos. Also, a poll, commentary and other info is listed here.
- Badminton: Entertainment and Competition for Family and Friends
Badminton is played using a racket, birdie and a net. It can be played as a sport or purely for fun. Pictures, videos, commentary and other facts & information can be found in this article.
- Best Matches in Wrestlemania History
This article documents the top wrestling matches in the history of the WWF and WWE. Bouts including Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels are listed in this hub.
- Best Female Golfers of All Time
Annika Sorenstam and Mickey Wright are featured in this Golfing article. Pictures, videos, a map and poll and other facts are listed here. Also, commentary and other information are in this hub.
- Extreme Sports Exclusive
This article documents some of the most extreme Sports ever. Bungee Jumping, Hang gliding and mountain climbing are just a few of the extreme activities listed in this hub. Pictures, you tube video clips, polls, maps and commentary are featured in th
- Top Soccer Players of All Time
This is an article about the top Soccer players of all time. Pele, Lionel Messi, George Best and Frans Beckenbauer are highlighted in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this sports hub.
Charles Woodson's College Highlights
Tim Tebow College Highlights
College Football Is A Time To Root For Your State
I'm from Alabama and we root hard for Alabama and Auburn in this state. Show your love and support for your team. No fair weather fans here and we celebrate wins and losses by parties.
The games are always played with passion and the tailgating is so fun to do with music and BBQ grill outs.
© 2013 Buster Johnson