Best Female Boxers of All Time
Women of The Squared Circle
Did Laila Ali Lose?
view quiz statistics
1. Ann Wolfe: Wolfe retired with a fabulous record of 24-1 with 16 knockouts and her knockout of Vanda Ward is considered the best knockout in female fight history. She has a record that even male boxers have never had. Wolfe has held titles in the junior middleweight, middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight division at the same time. She was a physical boxer puncher who could cut the ring off in a blink of the eye. In her prime, Wolfe was a female version of Mike Tyson in terms of her intimidating presence and her hard hitting, swarming style. She is the most fun female boxer to watch perform cause she goes for the kill with every punch.
2. Christy Martin: She was a true pioneer of the sport and fought on the undercard of several of Mike Tyson's pay per view events. She helped popularize female boxers as she was on sports illustrated and talk shows. And oh yea she fought like Tyson as well with a bob and weave style to get up close then it's hooks and uppercuts. Martin finished with a superb record of 49-5-3 with 31 huge knockouts. The Coal Miners daughter held belts in the junior middleweight, middleweight and super middleweight divisions. Martin was a fearless boxer and accomplished a great deal within the sport. I recall seeing her on talk shows and on magazine covers and the fact that she could box and brawl made it all possible.
3.Lucia Rijker: The Dutch Destroyer retired with a great resume of 17 wins and no losses with 14 knockouts. She fought with skill and had the benefit of training with the legendary trainer, Emanuel Steward. She rarely gets marked up in a fight because she has speed and reflexes only rivaled by Laila Ali. Her jab was superb as was her footwork which allowed her to out maneuver all of her opponents. The only knock on her is she never faced and defeated a top level opponent which is not her fought everyone dodged her. Rijker is the most skilled athlete on this list but her accomplishments fall just behind the top two.
4. Laila Ali: "She Bee Stingin" was Muhammad Ali's daughter and she had fast hands and good footwork as she patterned her style after her dad. She retired from the sport with a perfect record of 24 wins and no losses with 21 knockouts. Among her victims was Jackie Frazier Lyde and the legendary Christy Martin, although she was past her best. Ali was very slick, fast and her reflexes kept her from getting any major injuries. She used her reach to its fullest potential when she used the stick and she was known to use it like a power punch.
5. Regina Halmich: This German born Female Flyweight boxer has the best record in women's boxing history. Her resume stands at 54 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw with 16 knockouts. Halmich is a master boxer with the best jab in female fight history. She won titles in the Jr. Fly, Fly and Super Flyweight divisions beating Yvonne Caples and Reka Krempf along the way. Halmich punches well in combination and likes to throw every punch in the book during her contest.
6. Jane Couch: The Fleetwood Assassin was born in England and has won titles in three weight divisions. She finished her career with a record of 28-11 with 9 knockouts and she is currently a promoter in the sport now. She won the Jr. Welterweight Championship in only her 5th professional match. Couch had a sublime jab and excellent footwork that she used well in the squared circle.
7. Holly Holm: Holm has won titles in the Jr. Welterweight, Welterweight and Jr. Middleweight divisions and her current record is 31 wins, 2 losses and 3 draws with 9 knockouts. She was born in New Mexico and she has beaten Mary Jo Sanders and she avenged a defeat to Anne Mathis to win yet another crown. Holm moved on to the UFC and won a championship by destroying the heavily favored Rhonda Rousey.
8. Mary Jo Sanders: She won championships in three different weight classes and retired with a resume reading 25 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw with 8 knockouts. She lost to the great Holly Holm but then fought to a draw in a match that many had her winning. Sanders was a true gym rat, as they say, and she always gave her all inside the ropes.
9. Natascha Ragosina: Miss Sledgehammer retired undefeated as the longest reigning Super Middleweight champion in history and her record is 22 wins, no losses with 13 knockouts. Ragosina also had an amazing resume of 16-0 in world title fights and she retired as the undefeated champion.
10. Daisy Lang: Lady Lang has a professional record of 19-3-1 with 7 knockouts. Lang was born in Bulgaria and has held championships in the super flyweight, Bantamweight and super bantamweight weight classes. She is still an active boxer and her defense seems to be improving each time out.
* Please let me know who you think the best female fighter ever is by leaving comments in the capsule located at the bottom of this page.
Birthplace of Christy Martin
Christy Martin Highlights
Who is Tops?
Who is The Best Female Boxer in Your Opinion?
- The Most Famous American Boxers in History
Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, George Foreman and Sugar Ray Leonard are featured in this article about the most popular prizefighters of all time. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed here.
- Best Boxers of The 1990s
Evander Holyfield, Pernell Whitaker and Roy Jones, Jr. are featured in this prizefighting article. Pictures, commentary, youtube videos and a poll are listed here with other facts and information.
- Boxing's Best Chins of All Time
This article is about the boxers that have the best chins or ability to absorb a shot. Jake La Motta, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler and Muhammad Ali are featured in this prizefighting hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are listed
- Best Boxing Press Conferences
This article is about the best press conferences in boxing history. Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe and Ricardo Mayorga are documented in this prizefighting hub. Polls, you tube videos, pictures, commentary and a quiz and map are
- 10 Brutal Rounds in Boxing
This hub desribes ten different rounds from different bouts that were fierce such as round 1 of Tommy Hearns vs. Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are listed in this hub.
- Boxers with Great Footwork
This Boxing article focuses on fighters with great footwork. Pernell Whitaker, Willie Pep, Benny Leonard and Sugar Ray Robinson are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are listed in this hub as well.
Anne Wolf Knockouts
Ann Wolfe was a knockout artist and a tough, tough female boxer. She now trains professional contender James Kirkland. The Mandingo Warrior trains hard under her guidance. Wolfe in stills stamina and a nonstop work ethic into her training program.
© 2012 Buster Johnson