Best Female Golfers of All Time
Lengendary Ladies of the Greens
Have You Ever Played?
Have you ever played Golf before?
Strata Golf Clubs on Amazon
Top Ten Female Golfers in History
1. Annika Sorenstam: This Swedish born Golfer is the biggest money earner in golf history and she was a pure athlete. Sorenstam won 72 LPGA Tournaments (2nd place) and 10 Majors (2nd all time). She won a record eight strait Player of the Year awards. Her strongest points were her poise on the greens and her putting skills. She accomplished so much in such a short time and the fans always supported her for her style and commitment to excellence that she always showed. Her career spanned from 1992-2008.
2. Kathy Whitworth: Whitworth holds a record with 88 LPGA Tournament wins and she is the first woman to earn a million dollars in Golf. Whitworth also won 6 total Majors and she was voted Player of the Year seven times. She can putt very well but she can really drive with unmatched skill. Whitworth's distinguished career lasted from 1958-2005.
3. Mickey Wright: Wright played professionally from 1954-1968 and fulfilled many of her goals in that time span. She never got rattled or even showed emotion during these tense moments. She was a great player from the greens and she was amazing with a pitching and a sand wedge. In her career, she won 13 Majors and 82 LPGA Tours and she was voted into the Golf Hall of Fame after her retirement.
4. Babe Didrikson Zaharias: Babe played professional golf from 1947 until her untimely death in 1956. She won two gold medals in track and field in the Olympics but, she is best known for her golfing exploits. She has 41 LPGA Tour wins also, Zaharias has won 10 Majors in her short career. She is the first woman to play against men on the golf tour and she is known for her long drive. She accomplished an astonishing amount but if not for her passing she surely would have done even more in the sport that made her famous.
5. Nancy Lopez: Lopez turned professional in 1977 and retired from the sport in 2003 with 52 professional wins. Forty-eight of those wins were during The LPGA Tour. Lopez was also voted rookie of the year and she was voted player of the year four times. She was a very composed player and she had very accurate putting skills.
6. Joanne Carner: Carner turned professional in 1970 and she still plays till this day. She has 49 pro wins including 43 LPGA Tour victories. Carner is the first person to ever win three separate USGA Championships. She never rattled, too her time and she was a master at long putts and chip shots. also, Carner won two Major Titles during her time on the course.
7. Patty Berg: Patricia Jane Berg was the co-founder of the LPGA and she has won 63 times 60 of those times being during the LPGA Tours. She was named player of the year three times and she was the first ever to win the U.S. Women's Open. Berg could drive a golf ball 300 yards and has even landed right by the hole several times.
8. Betsy King: King turned pro in 1977 and she has never stopped playing. She has won six Major Titles to go along with 34 LPGA victories. King was not great at any one thing but she was very good at all aspects of the game. She was named player of the year three times and she was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 1995.
9. Karrie Webb: Webb turned to the pro circuit in 1994 and she still has time to advance on this list because she is still young. Webb has won 39 LPGA Tournaments and she has 55 total wins already. She was named Rookie of the Year in 1996 and she twice has been named player of the year. Her putting and driving skills are a thing of beauty and she can drive a perfect strait line almost everytime.
10. Louise Suggs: Another co-founder of the LPGA and her career lasted from 1948 until 1962. Suggs has won the LPGA Tournament 61 times which is 4th place all time. She was inducted in the World Golf Hall of Fame in 1951 and she was a legend as an amateur golder too. Suggs was great on the fairway and her skills should be mandatory studt for potential golfers.
Top Female Golf Tournaments
U.S. Women's Open
Women's Western Open
Seven Lakes Invitational
Ladies World Series of Golf
Golf Takes Practice!
The World of Sports!
- Best Nascar Drivers of All Time
This article is about the top race car drivers in the history of Nascar. Dale Earnhart, Jimmie Johnson, Richard Petty and many other racing legends are featured in this hub about racing
- Boxer Destroys UFC Legend in MMA Bout: Ray Mercer vs. Tim Silvia
This article illustrates the Mixed martial arts bout between former boxer Merciless Ray Mercer and former UFC Heavyweight champion Tim Silvia. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this hub.
- Top 10 Target Sports of All Time
This sporting article list ten of the best Target Sports ever including Archery, Golf, Billiards, Skee Ball and Horse Shoes. Pictures, a poll, videos and commentary are also mentioned in this blog.
- Sports on The Water!
This article describes the top water sports in the world. Fishing, boating and sailing are featured in this water sports hub. Pictures, videos, a poll and commentary are also listed in this blog.
- X-Games at a Glance
This article documents the X Games for the Summer and the winter. Snow boarding, skateboarding and skiing are listed in this sports hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls and commentary are featured in this blog as well.
- Hockey's Best of All Time
This article is about the top hockey players in the history of the NHL. Mario Lemeuix, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr are listed in this hub about the best with the puck. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, links and commentary are all
- Sports In The Air!
Their are none oar sports and they even have sub sports with them if you will. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed here along with other information on Aerobatics, Ballooning and Air Racing.
Golfing Bag Essentials
1. Golf Clubs- A good bag will have a driver and two woods preferably a 3 wood and 5 wood. Also, keep a set of irons ranging from 2 through 10. Keep at least one pitching wedge and one sand wedge on hand.
2. Golf Bag- Keep a lightweight bag that has room for balls, tees, towels and a water bottle. Make sure it is of good quality to support your golf gear.
3. Balls and Golf Tees- Bring one bag of wooden tees and around 30 balls each time you go to the course. If your a beginner you may need extra golf balls in case you lose some in the woods.
4. Attire- Always wear soft spiked shoes when golfing which believe it or not will help improve your swing. Most places require certain shoes, khaki shorts or pants and a collared shirt such as a Polo.
Birthplace of Annika Sorenstam
Golfing Tips From Kathy Whitworth
Annika Sorenstam's Career Highlights
© 2013 Buster Johnson