Best Managers in Wrestling History
Great Wrestling Managers
Who is The Best?
Who is the best Wrestling manager of all time?
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan DVD
12 of the best of Bobby Heenan's Stable
Big John Studd
Andre the Giant
Raving Rick Rude
King Kong Bundy
Million Dollar Man
The Cream of the Crop
1. Bobby " The Brain" Heenan: "The Brain", started out at the AWA and he was a wrestler and a manager. As a manager, he called his stable. The Heenan Family. Enemies of the brain called him The Weasel. Heenan was known for interfering in bouts and also for his loud mouth, which always stirred the crowd into a frenzy. Heenan is the epitome of what a heel manager should be. Heenan managed some of wrestling's best bad guys ever including: King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant, Rick Rude, Harley Race, Mr. Perfect, The Barbarian and Big John Studd, just to name a few. Perfect for the role of heel and he was a fan favorite.
2. "Captain" Lou Albano: Like Heenan, Albano started as a wrestler but with more success in the ring than Heenan. He wrestled 15 years before becoming a 25 plus year legendary manager in the sports entertainment world. He has managed more wrestlers then any other manager before or after him. Some of his singles athletes were: Don Muraco, Nikolai Volkoff, The Iron Sheik, Andre the Giant and most famously Hulk Hogan. Not to mention that he also managed over twenty tag teams.
3. Jim Cornette: He started out at 14 years old as a ring announcer, this man can talk. His first major success was with the Midnight Express who won two Tag Team titles under his guidance. This guy did it all including getting thrown 20 feet off a scaffold by the Road Warriors and breaking his knee. A short list of some of his most famous charges were: Yokozuna, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Barry Windham, He scouted out and invented Kane, Al Snow and D Lo Brown. He managed The Rock and Roll Express and a slew of singles wrestlers including: Jeff Jaret, Dan Severn, Mark Henry, Hercules Hernandez. He is also known for toting a tennis racket which he would use to cheat and help his wrestlers gain victory.
4. Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart: Hart who was in a music band knew Hillbilly Jim who introduced him to Vince McMahon. Hart never looked back managing the likes of: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Honky Tonk Man, Bret Hart, Lex Luger, KoKo B. Ware and Jerry Lawler and Sting. Not to mention tag teams like: The Nasty Boys, Hart Foundation and The Funk Brothers. He played as a good guy and a heel manager. Watch out for his megaphone.
5. Eric Bischoff: Bischoff is the former president of WCW and the former General Manager of Raw for WWE. He managed the NWO which featured wrestlers: Hollywood Hogan, Scot Hall and Kevin Nash. Also, he headed up the careers of Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and The New Blood. His nickname was Easy E and he played the heel on a regular basis.
6. " Classy" Freddie blassie: He wrestled in tag team and singles matches and he was so hated by the fans that police escorted him to and from the ring. He was a bad guy as good as Heenan was. a manager for twelve years in the WWF and managed a who's who of professional wrestlers. Classy managed Jesse Ventura, George Steele, Mr. Fuji, Hulk Hogan and Dick Murdoch. He was voted into the World Wrestling Entertainment hall of fame in 1994.
7. Paul Ellering: Ellering wrestled early in his career and he was a weight lifter until finding his niche as a heel and a good guy manager. He is most famous for being the manager of The Road Warriors, Animal and Hawk but he also took charge of other wrestlers careers as well. Including but not limited to: Arn Anderson, Buzz Sawyer, Jake Roberts and Abdullah the Butcher. He was a one time manager of the year. He did great and fit right in with LOD (Road Warriors).
8. Ric Flair: The nature boy is the best manager to have wrestled. His accomplishments are enormous but his management skills are top notch as well. He was the on the air president of the WCW for a while. He was co owner of WWE for a year and he was the real leader and manager of the 4 horseman if truth be told. He also managed The Big Show, Matt Hardy, Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista and Stone Cold Steve Austin.
9. Miss Elizabeth: Elizabeth is most known for managing the career of Randy" Macho Man" Savage, which she did brilliantly. But she was definitely the top female manager in wrestling history as evidenced by others she supervised. She helped guide the careers of: Lex Luger, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Brutus Beefcake, Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan. She was known as, " The first lady of Wrestling".
10. Mr. Fuji: Although his wrestling career is fabulous, he was not too shabby as a heel manager either. He was known for throwing salt in the eyes of the opposing team members. The Devious One as he was called managed many wrestlers including: Demolition and The Powers of Pain, Killer Khan, Davey Boy Smith, Magnificent Muraco and Jim Neidhart.
Birthplace of Bobby Heenan
Best Wrestling Managers Debate
Did He Manage Him?
view quiz statistics
- Best ECW Wrestlers of All Time
Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, Shane Douglas and Mick Foley were some of the most successful wrestlers in the history of the ECW. Pictures, videos, polls and commentary are featured in this article.
- Best Matches in Wrestlemania History
This article documents the top wrestling matches in the history of the WWF and WWE. Bouts including Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels are listed in this hub.
- Types of Wrestling Matches: A to Z on the WWE
This hub describes in detail some of the best different types of wrestling matches. Steel cage matches, no disqualification matches, Scaffold matches and retirement bouts are listed in this article.
- Best Wrestlers in WWE History
This article is about the top WRESTLERS in the history of the WWE and the WWF. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Andre the Giant and Stone Cold Steve Austin are all listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are in this blog. Hulk Hogan s
- Best Wrestlers in WCW History
This wrestling hub features the top WCW wrestlers of all time. Goldberg, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Sting, Scott Steiner and Hollywood Hogan are listed in this article along with other facts and information about this King's of the ring. Hulk Hogan was
- Best Wrestling Tag Teams of All Time
This article focuses on the top tag team wrestlers in history. The Road Warriors, The Rock and Roll Express, The Midnight Rockers and the Hart Foundation are listed in this hub along with pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary. The Roa
Bobby The Brain
Bobby Heenan was almost as large as the wrestlers he managed. He talked lots of trash which was perfect for riling up the fans and distracting the opponent of his wrestler.
© 2013 Buster Johnson