Best Tennis Players of All Time
Legendary Tennis Players
Legends of the Tennis Court
There are many great tennis players but, the ones on the list below stand out for many reasons, namely length of time at or near the top and of course accomplishments. Feel free to leave your opinions and let me know your favorite tennis player or players in the comment box located at the bottom of this page.
1. John McEnroe: McEnroe was known for his hot head and attitude but, it helped him to win player of the year three times and to win the World Championship three times as well. Besides, Wimbledon he also won The US Open four times.His career record was an astonishing 875 wins against 198 losses. He really could serve a ball with skill when he was on top of his game and he of course played the game with passion. No in between with McEnroe as he was either loved or hated by his peers and fans of the sport.
2. Rod Laver: Laver holds many tennis records including being the only player to ever win two Grand Slams and he has the most singles wins ever with 200. His career record was a great 392 wins and only 99 losses in the pro circuit. He was very athletic and seemed to improve each set.
3. Pete Sampras: Sampras won Wimbledon seven times and The U.S. Open five times. He won two career titles in the doubles circuit and he has 64 career singles titles and he was right handed and was known for his one handed back hand. A very underrated player considering his overall skills and excellent conditioning.
4. Roger Federer: Federer won 76 career singles titles and his current record stands at 863 wins against 193 losses and his career is still going strong. He has 8 titles in the Doubles circuit and he went to the tour finals 6 times other than when he won. Federer is not done as of 2014 and he could advance in this ranking. His stamina is amazing and his skills are second to none.
5. Bjorn Bork: Bork had 101 career singles titles, 6 French Opens, 5 Wimbledons and 4 US Opens. Bork has eleven Grand Slam Titles and he won The French Open and The Wimbledon was won by him three strait times and that has never been broken.
6. Jimmy Conners: Conners won the Grand Slam eight times and the doubles Grand Slam twice. He had an amazing singles record of 1,242 wins against 277 losses. He had 148 career titles and Arthur Ashe and John McEnroe were to of his most heated rivals. Conners Lways gave his all and he has literally skinned himself up diving to prevent slams.
7. Andre Agassi: Agassi were wild apparel and had an attitude but he could play the game. His service return was special and he had 60 singles titles and a career record of 870 wins and 274 losses. Agassi won the French Open and Wimbledon once each and he twice conquered The U.S. Open. Agassi was never outclassed even in defeat. He had remarkable skills and was good at all aspects of the game.
8. Boris Becker: Becker is the youngest ever tennis player to win Wimbledon, 17. He won six Grand Slams and an Olympic Gold Medal in Doubles competition. He won 49 career singles titles and had an overall resume of 713 wins versus 214 losses.
9. Arthur Ashe: Ashe won three Grand Slam Titles and he won a total of 33 titles while compiling a record of 818 wins against 260 losses. He won The US Open, Wimbledon and The Australian Open once each and The French Open once.
10. Ivan Lendi: Lendi won 144 career singles titles and had a great record of 1071 wins against 239 losses. Lendi won The US Open three times as well as The French Open. He won Wimble twice and was famous for his style of power tennis.
Who is the best?
Who is the best Tennis Player Ever?
Who is known for Outburst?
view quiz statistics
Roger Federer Highlights
Tennis Legend Rod Laver
Links To The World of Sports
- Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant: A Mythical One on One Game
This hub describes a fantasy, mythical one on one basketball game between Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Pictures, maps, polls, videos and commentary are featured in this sports blog.
- Boxer Destroys UFC Legend in MMA Bout: Ray Mercer vs. Tim Silvia
This article illustrates the Mixed martial arts bout between former boxer Merciless Ray Mercer and former UFC Heavyweight champion Tim Silvia. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this hub.
- Best College Football Players of All Time
This article describes the top College football players in history. Tim Tebow, Hershel Walker, Jim Thorpe and Charles Woodson are featured in this football blog. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also located here along with o
- Hockey's Best of All Time
This article is about the top hockey players in the history of the NHL. Mario Lemeuix, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr are listed in this hub about the best with the puck. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, links and commentary are all
- Key Moments in Sports History
This article documents some of sports' most important moments. The Black Sox Scandal and Joe Louis knocking out Max Schmeling are listed in this sporting hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in this hub. Joe Na
- Top Soccer Players of All Time
This is an article about the top Soccer players of all time. Pele, Lionel Messi, George Best and Frans Beckenbauer are highlighted in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this sports hub.
- Best NBA Players in History
This article is about the top basketball players in NBA history. Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabarr are listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are listed in tis hub.
John McEnroe Highlights
John McEnroe And His Temper
John McEnroe is as famous for his temper tantrums as he is for is on the court accomplishments which were many. He was known to yell at the fans, officials and his opponent but boy was it fun. He also had big time skills especially on the serve and running the court.
Overall he is my favorite tennis player to ever step onto the court.
© 2012 Buster Johnson