Best Wrestlers in WCW History
Legends of Wrestling
Who is The Best?
Who is the best WCW wrestler of all time?
Greats of The Game
1. Ric Flair: Flair has won the Heavyweight championship 16 total times, six times with the WCW. The Nature boy is the first ever WCW Champion and he was a head of the famous wrestling bad boys known as The Four Horseman. He has feuds with some of wrestlings best including: Sting, Terry Funk, Lex Luger, Hulk Hogan and Ricky Steamboat. Flair was the master of the Figure Four leg lock. Flair has took on all comers, fought all over and he has seen and done it all in the squared circle and he has fought in other organizations as well.
2. Sting: The Stinger is a 15 time heavyweight wrestling champion who wore face paint and was known to enter the arena from the ceiling rafters. Sting has won tag team titles, heavyweight titles and he even won a battle Royal. He had a nemesis at every turn including: Ric Flair, The Giant, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Hollywood Hogan. Sting took on all comers and he really connected with the fans.
3. Goldberg: He has the longest undefeated streak in wrestling history with 173 victories before losing to Kevin Nash in a match that Scott Hall interfered in. His finisher was the Jack Hammer, which is a vertical suplex that turns to a power slam. He won the WWE and the WCW heavyweight championship and he fought all comers.
4. Scott Steiner: Big Poppa Pump had major success with his brother Rick with the Steiner Brothers tag team but his solo achievements were many as well. He also won the WCW world heavyweight title and his finishing move was the Steiner Recliner, which was somewhat of a standing Camel clutch hold. He was also a member of the NWO.
5. Hollywood Hogan: Hohan won the WCW Heavyweight Championship six times and he was the heel or bad guy for most of his tenure here. His main finishing move is the running leg drop which has accounted for most of his biggest wins. He was the leader of the New World Order wrestling gang. Terry "Hulk" Hogan is an entertainer and he is gonna be popular even past his prime at any wrestling organization.
6. The Giant: The Giant won the WCW Heavyweight Championship twice while he was at World Championship Wrestling. Also, he won the WCW tag team title three times. The Giant had long standing feuds with Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Lex Luger. The Giant or Big Show at WWE, had several signature moves but, his main finisher is the Choke slam. The Giant is nearly 7 feet 2 inches tall.
7. Kevin Nash: Nash has won the WCW Heavyweight Championship 5 times which is a great accomplishment. Nash is 6 ft. 11 inches tall and was the leader of the NWO Red and black. Nash was also a 9 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion and he plays heel and good guy back and forth. That hurts his standing because he is wishie washie, as they say. His top finisher was the Jack Knife Power Bomb.
8. Bret Hart: Hart won the WCW Heavyweight Crown two times. Known for being a good guy who gave his sunglasses away to fans and also he was known for being a cocky, bad guy. He is the only wrestler to have held wrestling titles over the course of five decades. Hart had long standing feuds with Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Sting, Golfberg and many others. The Hit man is one of the top technical wrestlers of all time and he started as a kid learning with his family who were all involved.
9. Curt Hennig: Mr. Perfect was a former United States WCW Heavyweight Champion. But it was not belts that made him special. Curt had great athletic moves that were done to near perfection. His defenses of that title included wins over: Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, Lex Lugar, Diamond Dallas Page(twice), Jeff Jarrett and The Giant (Big Show). His finishing move was the HennigPlex, which is a fast cradle Suplex. Hennig was one of my favorites because he had true skills and did most things to near perfection.
10. Diamond Dallas Page: In the WCW organization he was a three time world champion, four time tag team champion and a former U.S. Champion as well. His finishing moves actually varied in it's ending but the most common one was The Diamond Cutter. A good and bad guy, usually bad, Page fought in tag team and singles bouts and had a strong fan base.
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
view quiz statistics
Birthplace of Hollywood Hogan
WCW Greatest Hits on DVD
- Best ECW Wrestlers of All Time
Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, Shane Douglas and Mick Foley were some of the most successful wrestlers in the history of the ECW. Pictures, videos, polls and commentary are featured in this article.
- Best Managers in Wrestling History
This wrestling hub features the top managers of all time. Bobby"The Brain" Heenan, Jimmy Hart and Paul Bearer are listed in this article along with other facts and information about these men.
- Best Matches in Wrestlemania History
This article documents the top wrestling matches in the history of the WWF and WWE. Bouts including Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels are featured in this hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls and commen
- Types of Wrestling Matches: A to Z on the WWE
This hub describes in detail some of the best different types of wrestling matches. Steel cage matches, no disqualification matches, Scaffold matches and retirement bouts are listed in this article.
- Boxers That Wrestled on WWE
This article documents boxers who went to the WWE wrestling shows to perform. Mike Tyson, Floyd Maywrather, Evander Holyfield and Joe Louis are featured in this sporting hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also listed
- Best Wrestlers in WWE History
This article is about the top WRESTLERS in the history of the WWE and the WWF. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Andre the Giant and Stone Cold Steve Austin are all listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are in this blog. Hulk Hogan s
- Best Wrestling Tag Teams of All Time
This article focuses on the top tag team wrestlers in history. The Road Warriors, The Rock and Roll Express, The Midnight Rockers and the Hart Foundation are listed in this hub along with pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary. The Roa
Best Ric Flair Interviews
Goldberg Career Highlights
Goldberg Was Devastating
Goldberg used a deadly spear to set up his finishing move which was a hybrid duplex and power slam. He came to the ring with flames and smoke and he looked scary. Sometimes he dominated and ended his bouts with ease but even when he was taking a beating he usually came back to win in dramatic fashion.
© 2013 Buster Johnson