Best Matches in Wrestlemania History
Who is The Top Dog?
Who is the best Wrestlemania performer ever?
Wrestlemania Anthology DVDs
Guest Appearances at Wrestlemania Events
Boyz 2 Men
- Best Wrestlers in WWE History
This article is about the top WRESTLERS in the history of the WWE and the WWF. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Andre the Giant and Stone Cold Steve Austin are all listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are in this blog. Hulk Hogan s
- Best Managers in Wrestling History
This wrestling hub features the top managers of all time. Bobby"The Brain" Heenan, Jimmy Hart and Paul Bearer are listed in this article along with other facts and information about these men behind the wrestlers. You tube videos, pictures, maps, pol
- Best Wrestlers in WCW History
This wrestling hub features the top WCW wrestlers of all time. Goldberg, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Sting, Scott Steiner and Hollywood Hogan are listed in this article along with other facts and information about this King's of the ring. Hulk Hogan was
- Best Wrestling Tag Teams of All Time
This article focuses on the top tag team wrestlers in history. The Road Warriors, The Rock and Roll Express, The Midnight Rockers and the Hart Foundation are listed in this hub along with pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary. The Roa
1. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Wrestlemania 26 (2010) Undertaker had his undefeated Wrestlemania streak on the line and HBK had his career on the line. The men went at it in and out of the ring with both men sustaining punishment. The highlight of this bout was when Michaels somehow kicked out of the Undertaker's tombstone finisher. The camera zoomed in showing Undertaker looking in disbelief. Both wrestlers performed their finishing moves but both somehow survived the others. In the end HBK jumped off the top rope but Undertaker caught him and put him out with the Tombstone.
2. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant: Wrestlemania 3 (1987) Hulk was the champion of the people and the Hulkster wasn't losing. Only problem was that their was this Giant beating two wrestlers at a time. Hogan tried to slam Andre in the first minute but nearly blew his back out as Andre fell on him. Andre pulverized Hogan for minutes until the trademark Hogan head shaking came about. Could the impossible happen? Could Hogan slay, I mean, slam the Giant.? Yes he could. Hogan picked up the humongous Andre the Giant over his shoulders and held him two seconds before dropping him to the crowds frenzied delight. Hogan did his trademark leg drop to end matters.
3. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin: Wrestlemania 13 (1997) A no disqualification submission match with Ken Shamrock as the referee. The fight was on, in and out of the ring. They got it on in the audience and at one point Stone Cold had a television cable twisted on Harts neck. The Hitman won when he applied the Sharpshooter. Even though Steve Austin refused to tap out he passed out. Afterwards, Hart continued pounding on a helpless Austin.
4. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Wrestlemania 25 (2009) They brawled for over thirty minutes and never man gave an inch. Both wrestlers withstood the others best and they both handled the others finishing moves. Both men barely kicked out before 3 counts numerous times and The Undertaker barely got back into the ring in time a lot. Michaels' landed sweet chin music and he got cocky. He then did a moon dive and got caught for a Tombstone deluxe.
5. Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan: Wrestlemania 6 (1990) This bout was ruthless with the two best wrestling for supremacy. These guys were evenly matched for sure. At one point they were both on their butts getting counted out in center ring but both men barely arise. It took everything both men had and they were pushed to their limits with bear hugs and lots of up close action. Finally, The Ultimate Warrior finally splashed Hogan and pulled it out.
6. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart: Wrestlemania 10 (1994) This match was a wrestling clinic between two bitter brothers. They brawled and they also wrestled with great technique. Both kick out of each others finishing moves but Bret lands a huge piledriver followed by a superplex. Somehow, Owen reverses the pin up and pins Bret for the 1,2,3. This match was unique for the family feud and because both guys have mad wrestling talents.
7. Goldberg vs. Brock Lesner: Wrestlemania 20 (2004) Both mean stared each other down for three minutes before anyone did anything but, I liked it because they were big, strong athletic equals. Lesner got up from being speared and took control by pounding on Goldberg inside and outside the ring. Both men announced plans to retire, win or lose, after the match. Goldberg at one point gets the F5 which is Brock's finisher, put on him. He kicks out. Lesner kicks out of three spears himself. Finally, Goldberg does his main move and boom he pinned him. Then, guest referee Stone Cold Steve Austin does his finishing move on both of the retiring wrestlers. Classic match in many ways.
8. Randy"Macho Man" Savage vs. Ricky "The Dragon Steamboat": Wrestlemania 3 (1987) The intercontinental title was on the line and these two guys did not like each other. Miss Elizabeth was ringside but so was George " The Animal" Steel. Both wrestlers fought dirty. The dragon and Macho man pulled hair, scraped each others eyes and wrestled outside the ring. At one point Savage throws Steamboat into the audience. Steamboat kicked out on two counts a bunch of times but never quit. George Steel cheated several times and affected the outcome of the bout. Steamboat won. Wrong guy won but a great wrestling match either way with lots of off the ropes action from both men.
9. Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels: Wrestlemania 24 (2008) The crowd was cheering for Ric Flair but Flair had his fans. Michaels idolized Flair but they fought tooth and nail in a barn burner. Flair may be old but he flew through the air off the top rope and almost pinned HBK. But, not to be out done, Michaels flips off the top rope onto Flair, does his finishing move and pins flair. After HBK pinned Flair he laid there hugging him and saying he was sorry.
10. Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show: Wrestlemania 24 (2008) Anything goes match and you must win by submission, pin fall or knockout. The best athlete, boxer Floyd Mayweather vs. The biggest athlete, the Big Show. 159 pounds vs 441 pounds. 5 ft 8 vs 7 ft. Mayweather moved around and landed a wide range of body shots on the Big Show. Big show finally got Money in a choke but Floyd ended up on Big Shows back. He put Big Show in a sleeper but Show got out of it and stomped Mayweather in the hand. Money finds a way to win in boxing and wrestling. They battled more outside the ring than inside it. Mayweather beats big show with a chair 7 times and bent the chair on Show's head. Mayweather lands a big right hand with brass knuckles to knock the Big Show out. It was not cheating because it was an anything goes match.
Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show
Who Done It?
view quiz statistics
Wrestlemania 26: Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
Wrestle- Mania: Hulkamania vs. The Ultimate Warrior
Wrestling's Top Events
3. Survivor Series
4. Royal Rumble
5. Halloween Havoc
© 2013 Buster Johnson