Bike Carrier-4 bikes
It is quite a good experience to carry bikes when we go for a vacation. Specially when our children accompanies us ( enjoy their laughter and giggle ). This product gives you solution as to how to carry bike in your car when you go for a vacation.
Depending on your requirement you can have 1,2, 3 upto 5 bike loading capacity. There are also different attachments as to where you want put your bike hitch, rear or roof depending upon which carrier fits with your car.
Product description- Thule Parkway hitch
This is a simple bike carrier that safely and
conveniently transports up to four bikes. This bike rack hooks right
into your vehicle's hitch to make getting your bicycles to the trailhead
simple and worry-free. This bike rack features Thule's classic cradles,
which secure and protect your bikes' frames which is due to the dual arm
design and there is no need for top-tube adapters on certain bikes as the
carrier holds them. Thule included tie-down straps but encourages you
to upgrade with the Zip Stick [part 950] for added bike stability and
anti-sway. The four-bike Parkway Hitch Bike Carrier can transport up to
Tips to choose right carrier
Bike carrier normally falls in 3 three distinct categories :
1. Strap-on trunk rack
2. Hitch-mount rack
3. Roof rack
Each of these have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Strap-on trunk rack
- Less costly and can be used in hire or rented vehicles.
- Easier to lift and secure the bikes
- Racks can be easily stored.
- Weight of the bike rests on the vehicles body and hence can produce damage to the body or dent in the vehicles sheet.
- Straps can come loose or snap.
- May need padding between the bikes to prevent bikes getting damaged or getting scratch mark.
Hitch mount rack
- Easy to install - slide it into the hitch
- Easy to lift and secure the bike.
- Much lesser chance of vehicle getting scratch mark.
- You may have to drill holes.
- Some vehicle models does not allow access to vehicle's rear lift gate.
- Care should be taken as bike does not obstruct the tail lights or the number plate.
Roof rack - roof mounted carrier
- The setup is modular and you can carry additional cargo.
- Depending upon the size of the car you can carry more bikes.
- The racks can be used for carrying skiing or canoe if you buy different accessories.
- Complicated to install.
- There may be obstruction if the parking place has low height.
- Not easy to install if vehicles have curved roof.
- Touches the vehicles body which may result in scratch dirt etc.