- Sports and Recreation
Boxers That Wrestled on WWE
Prizefighters Who Entered The Wrestling Ring
1. Mike Tyson: Iron Mike Tyson has wrestled in the WWE more times than any of the other boxers on this list. In fact, he is the only wrestler to be inducted in the Wrestling Hall of Fame. He is most known for his matches with Shawn Michaels Stone Cold Steve Austin and Jericho. Tyson has been the good guy and the heel while doing his stint on WWE. Mike Tyson won the heavyweight title twice and is the youngest heavyweight champion in history having won the title at 20 in the sport of boxing. Tyson is a true wrestling fan as well as a boxing historian and he is a permanent fixture in both businesses.
2. Muhammad Ali: Ali wrestled Gorilla Monsoon and Kenny Jay. He is most famous for fighting Antonio Inoki in Japan. He boxed with boxing gloves while Inoki was allowed to kick Ali in the legs only. The fight was scored a fifteen round draw. Ali had a mouth and it was perfect for wrestling. Ali could sell himself and the entire wrestling show as well. In boxing, Muhammad Ali is an Olympic gold medalist and three time heavyweight champion of the world. Ali was such an entertainer that he could have been a wrestling superstar without a shadow of doubt.
3. Joe Louis: He defeated Cowboy Rocky twice but, is most famous for refereeing World Championship fights. His presence at these events helped fan turnout soar. Even when he did not wrestle or referee he was many times in attendance and he would be interviewed. As far as prizefighting goes The Brown bomber holds the record for the most defenses of any title in any weight class with 25. And he is the longest reigning heavyweight champion of the world having held the tilt almost 12 years.
4. Primo Carnera: Played the hill the majority of his wrestling career. He won the Heavyweight Title in Boxing and in Wrestling. Among those he beat were John Friedberg and Strangler Lewis. Carnera made an outstanding wrestler because of his tremendous size and demeanor. Although he was not very agile he still showed some good moves inside the wrestling ring.
5. Floyd Mayweather: Money Mayweather made several appearances on WWE to hype his wrestling match with The Big Show. Mayweather made 20 million to knock out The Big Show in Wrestlemania 24. Money May was cut out for wrestling because he has a flair for showmanship as they say. Like Ali and Tyson, Mayweather is a showman and could have had success as a professional wrestler had he chosen that route.
6. Evander Holyfield: He has made several appearances on wrestling cards. He has never wrestled in the ring but, wrestlers box him in the ring. He is most famous for knocking out Jeff Hardy in two rounds. As far as boxing is concerned Evander Holyfield is a bronze medalist from the 1984 Olympics, former Cruiserweight champion and Boxing's only 4 time Heavyweight Champion.
7. Archie Moore: Moore has refereed several wrestling bouts. In wrestling lore he is most famous for having a boxing match with wrestler Iron Mike DiBiase. Moore stopped DiBiase in three rounds due to cuts. This was not staged it was an actual professional boxing bout. The Ole Mongoose was a Light Heavyweight Champion. in the sport of boxing and he holds the record for the most knockouts in a career with 131 crushing knockouts to his credit.
8. Ricky Hatton. Hatton has had several guest roles as a commentator in wrestling. Hatton the boxer, went up against wrestler Chavo Guerro . Hatton won by knockout. Hatton had fun with his moment in the wrestling arena and it showed.
9. Joe Frazier: He refereed many wrestling events including, the famous match between Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. Smokin' Joe was also in Mr. T's corner during Wrestlemania 2.
10. Jersey Joe Walcott: Jersey Joe fought several times as a wrestler. He gained his fame by being a great referee.
* If you have ever seen a boxer in wrestling who do you relieve was the best performer? Please share your thoughts in the comments box located at the bottom of this article.
Did Evander Holyfield ever Wrestle?
view quiz statistics
Birthplace of Ricky Hatton
Who is the Best?
Who is the best boxer turned WWE wrestler?
- Boxing's Best Jr. Middleweights of All Time
This article is about the top junior middleweight fighters in boxing history. Tommy HEARNS, Terry Norris and Felix Trinidad are featured in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this prize fighting hub.
- Boxing's Largest Pay Per Views of All Time
This article documents the biggest Pay Per View Events in Boxing history. Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield all took part in the largest grossing prizefights in the sports history. You tube videos, pictures, maps, p
- Biggest Upsets in Boxing History
This article documents the biggest upsets in the history of prizefighting. Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson and George Foreman at age 45 beating Michael Moorer are featured in this hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are liste
- Prizefighter Tribute: Floyd Mayweather
This article describes one of the best boxers in history, Floyd Mayweather. He has won titles in five weight classes and he is still undefeated as a prizefighter. You tube clips, maps, polls, pictures and commentary are listed in this hub.
- Prizefighter Tribute: Evander Holyfield
This article documents the great boxer, Evander" The Real Deal" Holyfield. Holyfield is the former Cruiserweight and four Time Heavyweight Champion of the World. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured in this pug
- Prizefighter Tribute: Mike Tyson
This hub describes Mike Tyson's life in and out of the ring. He was the youngest Heavyweight Champion in boxing history and has fought some of the best during his two title reigns including Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Michael Spinks and Larry Ho
- Muhammad Ali: The Mouth and The Punch
This prizefighting article focuses on the career and life of the great Muhammad Ali. He won an Olympic Gold Medal, 3 Time Heavyweight Champion and he was an ambassador of Good Will. Pictures, maps, you tube clips, polls, a quiz and commentary are als
Iron Mike Tyson Knocks out Shawn Michaels on WWF
Tyson's Knockout Blow
Iron Mike Tyson landed a booming right hand that knocked out Shawn Michaels and he also used his right hand bomb to lay Jericho out. In boxing, Iron Mike was able to knock opponents out with his right or left hand. Sometimes with hooks and sometimes Tyson ended matters with devastating uppercuts.
© 2012 Buster Johnson