- Sports and Recreation»
- Individual Sports
Boxing Pound For Pound 2014
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Saul Alvarez
The Top Boxers P4P
Who is The Best?
Who is the best boxer in the world for 2014?
Boxing Gloves on Amazon
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.'s Top Victories
Oscar De La Hoya
Jose Luis Castillo
Juan Manuel Marquez
view quiz statistics
Top 10 Pound 4 Pound
1. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.: Money Mayweather fought twice in 2014. Posting two wins over Marcos Chino Maidaina. The first bout which took place in May was close for five rounds until Mayweather took over down the stretch. In the September rematch, Mayweather used his skills especially footwork to win a one sided decision. Mayweather is a defensive genius who is also an offensive master as well. His jab, lead right hands and footwork are the best in the business.
2. Vladimir Klitschko: Klitschko has a current record of 63-3. He destroyed and dominated Alex Leapai and Kubrat Pulev in 2014 and in 2013 he humiliated top ranked Alexander Povetkin. Dr. Steel hammer has earned his place as a great heavyweight by winning so consistently with a power jab, knockout right hand and good overall skills. Dr. Steel hammer put it all together against Pulev adding a leaping, lead left hook wrinkle to his game. He does not have great opposition in his division but it is not his fault.
3. Manny Pacquiao: Pacman suffered a bad setback with his knockoput loss to Juan Manuel Marquez but he bounced back like a true champion. Pacquiao avenged an earlier defeat by handily beating Timothy Bradley. Pac also embarrassed Brandon Rios and toppled Chris Algeria by scoring six knockdowns in taking a wide decision. Pacquiao has a left handed style with super speed attached to it.
4. Tim Bradley: Dessert Storm has a loss to Manny Pacquiao and a win over Diego Chaves in 2014 but his resume can't be ignored. Wins over Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez and Devon Alexander are the mark of a great champion. Bradley uses stamina, a huge heart and excellent ring generalship to achieve great victories in the squared circle. He lacks one punch power but his jab, chin and never quit attitude makes up for that one issue.
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux: The Jackal is 14-0 with 9 knockouts as a pro and as an amateur he is considered one of the best of all time. He has A+ skills with his footwork, jab, reflexes, timing and defense in general. In 2013 he owns a first round K.O. over undeserving jr. featherweight title challenger Sod Kokietgym. 2012 was his breakout year as he schooled Nonito Donaire for 12 one sided rounds and beat Joseph Agbeko even easier than that. He has potential to ascend to the top of this list overtime and with the right opponents.
6. Juan Manuel Marquez: Dinamita has a record of 56-7-1 with 40 knockouts and he always takes on all comers. In his only bout of 2014 he dominated "Mile High" Mike Alvarado and scored and suffered and knockdown in winning a lopsided 12 round decision. Before that he lost a close decision to Tim Bradley and prior to that he knocked Manny Pacquiao cold in six rounds. Marquez is one of the best counter puncher's in boxing history and his jab can control even elite boxers.
7. Andre Ward: Normally, Ward would be number 2 easily on this list but he doesn't fight in the ring anymore it seems. He only fought once in 2013 and it was a dominant performance over undefeated Edwin Rodriguez. Zero bouts in 2014. S.O.G. is in danger of falling off the list. As it stands his record is 27-0 with 14 knockouts. He has special skills including a jab that is only matched by Mayweather and maybe Bernard Hopkins. Ward is squandering his talent which included excellent timing, reflexes and offensive and defensive wizardry.
8. Carl Froch: The Cobra has a record of 33-2 with 24 knockouts and is a super middleweight champion. In 2013 he avenged his close loss defeat to Mikel Kessler by winning a clear decision in England and then he knocked out George Groves. In 2014, with over 80,000 in attendance Froch knocked out Groves in 8 rounds in their much anticipated rematch. Froch has power, a solid chin and unlimited stamina and will which usually sees him through tough bouts.
9. Sergey Kovalev: Krusher started off 2014 by knocking out two undefeated fighters, Cedric Agnew and Blake Caparello. But it was his dominant performance against Bernard Hopkins that trust him into the top ten pound for pound. Everyone knew he had fight ending power but against The Alien Kovalev proved that he had important boxing attributes such as patience, good jab and enough ring generalship to beat the legendary Hopkins.
10. Gennady Golovkin: Triple G is 31-0 with 28 knockouts. The WBA middleweight champion has defended his crown 12 times including a 2014 campaign that seem him demolish: Daniel Geale, Marco Antonio Rubio and Asumanu Adama. His power is truly special and he seems to be the next big thing in the sport. I believe that Triple G will be at the top of this list in two years. Besides his power, Golovkin also has solid boxing skills aNd he is fundamentally sound.
Andre Ward Schools Chad Dawson
Andre Ward Career Highlights
Five Great Fights For 2014
1. Terrance Crawford K.O. 9 Yuri Gamboa
2. Carl Froch K.O. 8 George Groves
3. Juan Manual Marquez W12 Mike Alvarado
4. Sergey Kovalev W12 Bernard Hopkins
5. Lucas Matthysse K.O. 11 John Molina
Guillermo Rigondeaux Humiliates Nonito Donaire
The Wide World of Sports
- UFC's Best Fighters of all Time
This article is about the top fighters in UFC history. The best mixed martial arts fighters are here such as Royce Gracie, Anderson Silva and Randy Couture. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are featured in this hub.
- Hockey's Best of All Time
This article is about the top hockey players in the history of the NHL. Mario Lemeuix, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr are listed in this hub about the best with the puck. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, links and commentary are all
- Best Wrestlers in WCW History
This wrestling hub features the top WCW wrestlers of all time. Goldberg, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Sting, Scott Steiner and Hollywood Hogan are listed in this article along with other facts and information about this King's of the ring. Hulk Hogan was
- Best Tight Ends in NFL History
This football hub features the top tight ends of all time including Shannon Sharpe, Mike Ditka and Antonio Gates. Pictures, you tube videos, polls and commentary are listed in this sports article.
- Best Boxers of the 1980's
Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson and Larry Holmes are featured in this prizefighting article. Pictures, videos, a map and poll, commentary and other facts and information about boxing are located here.
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Highlights
© 2014 Buster Johnson