Boxing's Best Ring Entrances of All Time
Wild Ring Entrances
Top Ten Ring Entries
1. Naseem Hamed flew to the ring on a magic carpet for his fight in London against Vuyani Bungo. Hamed was the Featherweight Champion of the World and rap music played in the background. The Prince soared at least 20 feet above the crowd with smiles on his face. The carpet was leopard skin just like his trunks. Also, P. Diddy escorted him the rest of the way into the ring. Hamed is a border line, maybe hall of famer but he is a performer first class performer without a doubt. The power this featherweight has rivals any little man in history.
2. Floyd Mayweather wearing a sombrero and Mexican colors on his Robe against Oscar De La Hoya in 2007. Money Mayweather beat De La Hoya by decision for the Jr. Middleweight title. He had the Sombrero backwards and 50 Cent, the hip hop artist rapped the whole way to the ring with Floyd. Their was an arrogant confidence that Mayweather portrayed during his ring walks that said "This will be easy work". Mayweather is still an active prizefighter so he has a chance to move into the number one spot in the future.
3. Mike Tyson entered the ring against Michael Spinks sweating profusely, no robe or towel on and instead of music he had chains cracking together. Tyson and Spinks were both undefeated and Tyson destroyed him in only 91 seconds. On the way to the ring was no music but the chains banging together seem to intimidate Spinks. During introductions Tyson paced back and forth and Spinks looked scared. The crowd was in a frenzy.
4. Hector Camacho came out to box Julio Cesar Chavez with the song, Ain't no stoppin' us now playing. He danced the whole time with a crazy hat and flashy clothing. He held his hands high and mugged for the crowd like a WWE wrestler. When he entered the ring he continued to dance around the ring playing to the crowd with kisses and raised fists. Chavez pounded Camacho badly for 11 out of 12 rounds to defend his titles at Junior Welterweight.
5. Chris Eubank entered the ring against Graciano Rocchigiani playing Simply the Best on the speakers throughout the arena. He stood for about He leaps over the top rope and stares down not only his opponent but the crowd as well. Eubank was the king of the stone cold stare and of course posturing to the crowd. He stared his undefeated opponent down for over a minute and he leaped the ring ropes upon his entry to the squared circle.
6. Floyd Mayweather came to the ring being carried on a throne like he was a king. It was his fight against Arturo Gatti and the song he played was, Another one bites the dust by the rock band Queen. His garb looked like it was made of gold or brass and it had muscle ripples on the center plate he wore on his body.
7. Prince Naseem Hamed enters the ring to fight Kevin Kelley after dancing behind a curtain for nearly ten minutes. Kelley is in the ring very mad but Hamed danced to the ring and postured the whole time.It was a thin large white curtains with a Silhouette of him dancing and at times walking in place. When he did come out he played with the crowd as good as Muhammad Ali did. And of course he flipped over the top rope.
8. Oliver McCall was emotional when he fought Lennox Lewis the first time. He cried almost the entire ring walk which was very unusual. The fight was in England and Lewis was the heavyweight champion. McCall was actually shaking at times during his walk to the squared circle due to his constant crying. When he entered the ring with tears streaming down his face it seemed to bother Lewis. McCall scored the upset by scoring a second round knockout.
9. Sharif Bogere enters the ring against Rodolfo Armenta with a Lion's head on the top of his head. Also, he is carried to the ring in a cage by four large men or gate keepers if you will. It's over the top but it is must see television. At the moment, Sharif is undefeated so we will see soon if he is a Lion in the ring.
10. Muhammad Ali entered the ring against George Foreman in Zaire with an African band playing live music. 70,000 people stood and clapped for him and chanted Ali, kill him referencing for Ali to whoop George Foreman. Ali regained his belt by 8th round knockout. Ali danced to the ring and while in the ring waving to the fans at times.
Boxing Headgear and Gloves
Prince Naseem Hamed Ring Entrance
Who Has The Best?
Who has the best ring entrances in boxing?
Prince Naseem Hamed
- Boxing's Best Heavyweights of All Time
This article is about the top heavyweight boxers in history. Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and Evander Holyfield are listed in this hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are also in this prize fighting hub.
- Boxing's Best Body Puncher's of All Time
This hub documents the top Body punchers in boxing history including Julio Cesar Chavez, Roberto Duran, Mike McCallum and Henry Armstrong. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are listed in this article along with other information on
- Boxing's Best Commentators of All Time
This article is about the top commentators and men behind the mic in boxing. Larry Merchant, Al Bernstein, Jim Lampley and Max Kellerman are documented in this prizefighting hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are listed here.
- Boxing's Best Light Heavyweights of All Time
This article is about the top light heavyweight fighters ever. Bob Foster, EZZARD Charles, Archie Moore and Roy Jones are all listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary. The 175 pound weight class is full of hall of fame legen
- Boxing's Best Manager's of All Time
This article documents the top managers in boxing history. Al Haymon, Emmanuel Steward, James Prince and Shelly Finkel are listed here along with video clips, pictures, maps, polls and commentary. These managers steered many boxers in the right direc
Iron Mike entering Ring against Michael Spinks
Iron Mike Was Frightening
Mike Tyson struck fear into the heart of Michael Spinks. At press conferences, the weigh in, the ring walk and the stare down before the opening bell were all terrifying moments for the Spinks Jinx.
Floyd Mayweather on Cinco De Mayo
Birthplace of Mike Tyson
© 2013 Buster Johnson