Boxing's Best Trash Talkers of All Time
Legendary Smack Talkers
Mike Tyson on Amazon
Who Talks The Most Smack?
Who is the biggest trash talker in boxing history?
Top Ten Trash Talkers in Prizefighting
1. Muhammad Ali: Ali was so boastful that he usually gave his opponents nick names and he even predicted the round in which he was going to win his bouts. He was known to taunt his opponents at the press conferences, the weigh in and even during the match. His hometown called him the Louisville Lip. He always started arguments and almost always had the fans laughing and the other boxer seething. Ali talked and even screamed at opponents during matches. George Foreman, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Liston, Ernie Terrell and Oscar Bonavena all had to hear his smack talk during clinches and while Ali was dancing on his toes.
2. Mike Tyson: Iron Mike Tyson intimidated opponents before the bell rang for his matches. Tyson once said that he tried to drive boxer Jessie Ferguson's nose bone into his brain. Tyson was often vulgar and he was very threatening before and during fights, He told Razor Rudduck that he was going to make him his girlfriend. Tyson had comments for most of his foes and 9 times out of 10 he had them rattled and scared. Tyson had the power to back up his comments and you had to have a chin and heart to stand his onslaught.
3. James Toney: James "Lights Out" Toney, talks trash whether he wins or loses a fight. He can be very funny or he can be as raunchy as Tyson has been at times. Toney has been in several press conference shoving matches and he can run his mouth non stop. Like Ali, Toney loved to taunt and talk to his adversaries during the rounds. Toney once knocked the mic out of the hand of Showtime commentator Jim Grey and gotup in his face. Toney could ne the nicest or meanest boxer on the earth it just depended if he liked you or not.
4. Hector Camacho: Macho Camacho was very flamboyant and wore wild outfits and other garb to the ring. He was known to dance to the ring and taunt his opponent during the entire ring walk. His verbal battles with Greg Haugen and Vinnie Pazienza are stuff of legend. Camacho would call any opponent a name if provoked. He smiles, dances, talks a bunch of trash and he usually backed it all up. The funny thing is was that Camacho was always in trash talking mode all the way up to his tragic passing. It was part of his make up as an entertainer and an inner city kid.
5. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.: Money Mayweather always starts a trash talking seminar before he fights each opponent. He even finds time to start mouth to mouth arguments with Larry Merchant, radio hosts and more but, when it comes to smack talking Mayweather does it at every interview, press conference, weigh in and fight he has. Watch the way Mayweather toyed with Diego Corrales just to see how easy this was.
6. Paulie Malignaggie: The Magic Man has been in some of the wildest pre-fight antics ever including his press conferences with Adrien Broner. Paulie will cuss, push, talk smack and even dress wild and crazy in order to get one up on his opponent. He is swift with the tongue and he usually has a smart wit that will make you laugh but, leave the opponent more than agitated.
7. Naseem Hamed: The Prince was known for getting under his opponents skin. From his ring entrances to his brash comments and taunts, The Prince is one of the cockiest boxers in history. He makes boasts and is loud like, he is the best of all time and the such. He trash talks his adversaries before, during and after matches.
8. Bernard Hopkins: The Executioner has talked trash during the build up to many of his bouts. He shoved Winky Wright during pre-fight hype and he even tossed the Puerto Rican flag to the ground during the press conference for his bout with Felix Trinidad. B-Hop is never at a loss for words and he always backs them up in the squared circle.
9. Roy Jones, Jr.: Jones was so cocky that he often referred to himself in the third person. Jones talked smack during his fights and often taunted his opponents with his hands down at his sides or even behind his back. Jones often came to the ring rapping and dancing which irritated more than a few of his foes.
10. Ricardo Mayorga: El Matador got into a shoving match with Fernando Vargas and a shouting match with Cory Spinks. He entered weigh-ins eating pizza and after fights he would light a cigarette. He was foul mouthed but, he had no trouble making his opponents hate him. Sometimes Mayorga could really go to far and push the wrong buttons by saying personal things.
- Boxing's Largest Pay Per Views of All Time
This article documents the biggest Pay Per View Events in Boxing history. Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield all took part in the largest grossing prizefights in the sports history. You tube videos, pictures, maps, p
- Boxing Gym Equipment and It's Uses
This article describes boxing training equipment and what it's used for. Speed bags, heavy bags, double end bags and punch mitts are listed in this hub along with videos and pictures.
- Boxing's Best Featherweights of All Time
This article is about the top featherweight fighters in boxing history. Willie Pep, Marco Antonio Barrerra and Sandy Saddler are featured in this hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are also listed in this hub.
- Biggest Upsets in Boxing History
This article documents the biggest upsets in the history of prizefighting. Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson and George Foreman at age 45 beating Michael Moorer are featured in this hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are liste
- How To Build a Homemade Boxing Ring
This is an article describing in detail the steps to building a homemade boxing ring for your back yard. 4x4's, hammer and nails, rope and a drill are needed to start this task. Pictures, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this
Five Cocky Fighters
Don King Trashes Oscar De La Hoya Verbally!
Where Was He Born?
view quiz statistics
James Toney Trash Talking
Most Polite Non Trash Talking Boxers
Bernard Hopkins And His Mouth
Bernard Hopkins or B-Hop has been known to rile feathers during his press conferences. He slapped Winky Wright at the weigh in for their encounter. Plus, when B- Hop fought Felix Trinidad He threw the Puerto Rican flag to the ground during the promotional build up. Hopkins went after Jean Pascal during the build up to their match after Pascal repeatedly yelled 'Cheater" in Hopkins direction.
Birthplace of Muhammad Ali
© 2013 Buster Johnson