Brisk Walking : The Safest and Easiest Exercise for Fitness and Good Health
“If you seek creative ideas go walking.
Angels whisper to a man when he goes for
― Raymond I. Myers
Brisk Walking is the safest and easiest form of Exercise to remain healthy and fit!!
© Chitrangada Sharan June 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
There are elders in my family, who wake up before Sunrise, get fresh and leave homes for long walks.
Their destination is some open space, that could be the garden, open green fields, besides the river or the Seashore.
And they have been doing it all through their lives, irrespective of how busy they are or where they are, be it a busy city or the humble country side or the villages.
I find these people, whether they are in their sixties, seventies or eighties much healthier and energetic than many or most of the youngsters of today.
- Regular walking not only keeps your body in shape, but it also energizes your body.
- Walking has adequate and positive effect on the blood circulation in your hands, legs and brain.
- Your mind gets alert and energetic.
- You feel mentally and physically active, energetic and healthy.
How does walking keeps you away from diseases?
- if we walk for even two hours in a week, it can save us from brain strokes by 30% .
- if we walk for 40 minutes thrice in a week, it increase your memory.
- If we walk for four hours in a week, it can reduce the chances of hip fracture by 40% .
- If we walk for 30 minutes in a day, it is a good remedy to overcome depression.
- Walking regularly for 40 minutes to 1 hour can reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- You can reduce your extra weight by 50% by brisk walking everyday.
Source:General physician's advice.
Walking for a healthy lifestyle, prevention from diseases and general physical fitness!
It would be wrong to say that those who are not walking and doing other forms of exercises, are not careful or conscious about their health.
Of course they are!
- But walking has a deep and positive impact on your entire behavior, your sensibilities. The impact may be slow in the beginning but it is definitely there.
- There are people who prefer to hit the Gym and some others who play some form of Sport.But walking or brisk walking is a safe and easy way of keeping yourself fit.
- There are persons with some kind of health issues and cannot perform rigorous exercises in the Gym or play exhaustive sport.
- Those persons may be suffering from heart, lungs or abdomen related health problems.
- Walking is the safest bet for them. In any case they should not avoid efforts to keep their body weight under control.
- Walking makes it possible and the blood circulation in their bodies also remains normal, which is good for their ailing organs.
- It is claimed by physicians and doctors that walking has proved beneficial for patients of Diabetes, to keep their blood sugar level under control.
- Walking helps those suffering from Arthritis, as it helps to improve bone density.
- Regular walking regularizes blood pressure levels as well.
“When I'm in turmoil, when I can't think, when I'm exhausted and afraid and feeling very, very alone, I go for walks. It's just one of those things I do. I walk and I walk and sooner or later something comes to me, something to make me feel less like jumping off a building.”
― Jim Butcher, Storm Front
Other benefits of brisk walking!
- When you are walking in the open, your eyes see the greenery all around. This relaxes and soothes your eyes.
- There is a feeling of contentment and pleasure in your heart. Health experts are of the opinion that if you walk for at least half an hour in the open, muscles of the heart work more efficiently.
- Walking has a positive impact on your mood as well. Anger or depression, if any lowers and happiness increases.
- You can walk alone or with a partner. It can be your friends, wife or kids. Walking becomes more enjoyable with someone who is as health conscious as you.
- Always breathe through your nose while walking. Make an effort to tuck in your tummy if you can.
- Open air fields, gardens, parks are best for walking. The place should be full of greenery and free from pollution.
- While you are walking, keep your mind free from any kind of tension or anger.
- Walking is safe even for pregnant women, while other exercises are not. In fact it is beneficial for the unborn child and the expectant mother.
What kind of exercise do you prefer to keep fit and healthy?
Put on your walking shoes, that are comfortable for your feet:
- I think by now I must have motivated you enough to put on your walking shoes and set out to walk.
- Make walking a regular habit and include it in your daily routine.
- Most people make excuses these days that they do not have enough time and their work schedule does not allow them as much time.
- But the fact is that the lifestyle today has become more or less sedentary. Spending hours in front of computers or Television is very unhealthy and this habit needs to be changed.
# Because health is wealth and sooner we realize this the better.
# Our mother nature is so beautiful. We just have to walk along to see this beauty.
© Chitrangada Sharan 12th June, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Learn the correct way of brisk walking, source: You tube
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Health Benefits of Yogasana and Yogic Exercises : Fo...
Yogasana is preferred over other forms of physical exercises. Why! As it is safe and can be practiced at any age and without getting exhausted. Learn to perform it correctly, to get the max. benefits.
- How To Make Your Bones Strong And Healthy: Food And ...
Bone health is very important for living a normal and healthy life. Proper attention must be paid to Specific food and exercises meant to improve bone health to prevent Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
- What Is Anemia/Anaemia? Causes, Symptoms, Solution ,...
Do you always feel tired and fatigued? Get your blood examined. One of the causes for this may be Anaemia or Iron deficiency. Read on- for causes, symptoms and solutions to deal with Iron deficiency.
- How To Take Care Of Your Precious Eyes |Simple Eye E...
Can you imagine, what the world would be without the eyes? Eyes are the most precious of all body parts and perhaps the most neglected part. So, how do we take care of our most precious possession?
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan