College Football Best Matchups for Week 4
Impact Players for Week 4
20 Most Intriguing Games of Week 4
Here are some interesting matchups for week for that I have chose that will have some attention around the college football circle this week. Some teams start the season ths week by opening up conference play others still have some more non conference opponents to handle. So here are the top games for this weekend starting from Thursday to Saturday.
1. Alabama (3-0) at Arkansas (3-0) - This will be top ranked Alabama true road test as the Tide destroyed Duke last week 62-13. The Hogs fans will be fired up as the Tide dismantle Arkansas in Tuscaloosa last year 35-7.
2. South Carolina (3-0) at Auburn (3-0) - The Tigers are coming off an emotional victory over Clemson in overtime 27-24 last week. But will now get prepared for a similar opponent and add that it is a conferece game. The Gamecocks will be looking to prove that they are for real this year.
3. West Virginia (3-0) at LSU (3-0) - The Tigers step out of conference to face a dangerous West Virginia team that will not back down as the Mountaineers almost beat Auburn last year in Jordan Hare.
4. Oregon State (1-1) at Boise State (2-0) - The Broncos will have a meaningful game at home during primetime to showcase it case again. The Beavers will be looking not to fall victim to another non bcs conference team as they lost to TCU in week 1.
5. Kentucky (3-0) at Florida (3-0) - They way Florida have played they can very much lose this game even at home. And having to go to Tuscaloosa next week doesn't bolt well for the Gators as they will be facing hungry Kentucky team that has played well it first three games.
6. UCLA (1-2) at Texas (3-0) - The Bruins picked up there first win last week beating Houston 31-13. Now they have to go on the road to Texas that have not looked overly impressive in its three victories.
7. NC State (3-0) at Georgia Tech (2-1) - The Yellowjackets got back in the winning colunm last week with a big win over North Carolina. But Wolfpack will be formidable opponent and can possibly pull out a victory.
8. Miami (1-1) at Pittsburgh (1-1) ( Thurs.) - This will be a big game for both teams even though it is not a conference game. The winner of this game can still have much more to play for than the loser as both teams have already suffered a loss.
9. Stanford (3-0) at Notre Dame (1-2) - The Fighting Irish have dropped back to back games after beating Purdue in week 1. Now they face an even tougher opponent in my opinion in Stanford who has scored a total of 103 points it last two games.
10. California (2-1) at Arizona (3-0) - The Wilcats are coming off a big win beating Iowa last week as for California they were beaten down by Nevada last week on Friday by 22 points.
11. Oregon (3-0) at Arizona State (2-1) - This time the Ducks go on the road to open up conference play against the Sun Devils.
12. North Carolina (0-2) at Rutgers (2-0) - The Tar Heels started off 2-0 by beating Rutgers last in New Jersery. This year the Tar Heels start the season dropping there first two games. But this will be Rutgers first true test of the season.
13. Nevada (3-0) at BYU (1-2) - The Cougars return home after dropping two games on the road to Air Force and Florida State by three touchdowns. The Wolfpack are coming off an impressive win over California. This should be an interesting game.
14. Virginia Tech (1-2) at Boston College (2-0) - The Hokies still have much to play for as they begin conference play. They ease some of there pain with a road victory in the ACC.
15. Georgia (1-2) at Miss. State (1-2) - This is a big game for both teams as they both are 0-2 in conference play and deseparately need a victory to stay alive in the conference title race. Winner will have something to play for, loser will have some problems on there hands.
Here are five other games this weekend that should spark some interest in college football.
16. Central Florida (2-1) at Kansas State (3-0)
17. Utah State (1-2) at San Diego State (2-1)
18. Central Michigan (2-1) at Northwestern (3-0)
19. Arkansas State (1-2) at Troy (1-2)
20. Middle Tennessee (1-2) at Louisiana (1-1)