Cristiano Ronaldo -More Than Just A Footballer
If you read the papers or watch the news sometimes, then you probably have heard of Cristiano Ronaldo before. He is considered to be one of the best footballers in the world and is paid handsomely for it. His level of talent is often the topic of hot debate among football fans because there are some who believe that Lionel Messi's skill surpasses his level and there are others who think that the Messi fans are simply delusional.
For fans of the game the quality of football is all that matters and what you do off of the pitch is absolutely your own business. If you come through for the team and you play consistently well then you are considered to be an invaluable player and in their history books you will go down as a legendary player. Both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo pretty much have the assurance that they will be remembered as football greats but CR7, as he is so fondly known, also has some other traits that are memorable.
CR7 vs. Messi
A Good Father
Cristiano Ronaldo, star footballer, for both Real Madrid and Portugal, is also a father. It was announced when he was twenty-five year on his Facebook,Twitter and official website but the identity of the baby's mother was never revealed and is still unknown.
He has said: "It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become a father to a baby boy.
"As agreed with the baby's mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship."
His mother, Delores as well as his sisters Elma and Katia are involved in the raising of his son and although there is still much speculation as to who the mother may be, Cristiano has vowed to remain mum (pun intended) .
When he is not playing football he can be seen taking his son, Junior to tennis matches and on vacation. There are also lots of videos of him playing with his son and even one where he introduces him to Messi. He tells Messi that his son watches him constantly on the internet and is a big fan.
Training with his son
Surprising a Fan
A Generous Person
It is quite usual to hear stories about Cristiano Ronaldo and his interaction with people every day. He is always doing something nice for someone when they least expect it.
- In 2012 a nine year old fan of the club Real Madrid was able to attend a match and meet some of the players. He was suffering from cancer of the spine. Cristiano dedicated a goal to him which would have been a bit touching but he also paid for the young boy's treatment.
- In 2014 the parents of Eric Ortiz, who was ten months at the time, asked him if he could donate a shirt and some football boots to an auction which was being held in order to raise funds for their son who desperately needed a brain operation. Ronaldo did not hesitate and instead of donating the items offered to pay for the entire operation as well as any additional costs.
- In 2015 he found a young woman's cell phone and kept it for her until he could return it to her two days later. He not only returned the phone but treated the young woman and her friends to dinner as well.
He has also helped leukemia patients, given donations to cancer societies, signed special items for fans, defended fans, helped fans personally, and given blood.
Cr7 defending a Japanese Fan
Another fact : He is a bit of a show off
Although he is known for football and sometimes the women he dates, Cristiano Ronaldo seems to genuinely care about the well-being of the people he meets everyday.
He has said that he tries to act as his father advised, doing good for others because it pleases God.
Facts about Ronaldo:
- His full name is Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro
- He has no tattoos and many guess that the reason for this is that he regularly donates blood
- There is now a galaxy named after him. This galaxy it the brightest one discovered with over three trillion suns. It is called the CR7 galaxy and stands for Cosmos Redshift 7 as well as Cristiano Ronaldo and the number 7 on his shirt. Those who named it say that they were inspired by him.
- Ronaldo is Spanish for Ronald as he was named after Ronald Reagan
- His mother's name is Maria Delores
- His older brother's name is Hugo and his sisters are Elma and Liliana Catia
- His birthday is the 5th February 1985
- He has modeled for Armani
- Is good friends with fellow footballer, Ricardo Kaka
- His nephew's name is Rodrigo and his nieces are Beatriz and Eleonor
© 2010 North Wind