Decoration Tips for a Camp Cabin
Cabins with Style
Have You Been?
Have you ever slept in a log cabin?
Simple Cabin Decorating
I have always thought that it would be easy to decorate a cabin depending on what kind of theme that you have. It pays to have a great floor plan and to have a very open space to the cabin and you could have 8-10 foot ceilings or something shorter of course. I picture a staircase somewhere in the cabin.
This would leave you with lots of opportunity for decorating. I know that Christmas is only one day out of the year but, there is something cozy about a log cabin. Winter or the summer it is always relaxing to see nature and to spend days in the center of it in a cabin.
I grew up in a log cabin and was very proud of the fact that I lived in one. It was unique. Living in a log cabin, is not an everyday thing. There were many special memories in that household. It was special to me in several ways in that it was a warm household and mom decorating? She would tell you that she doesn't know how to decorate and we just don't have a lot of company so, I just don't go to a lot of trouble.
At Christmas time, there are so many possibilities of ways to decorate. If I had a log cabin I would insist on having the traditional round flower bed with a flag pole and the American flag. I addition to this, you could also have the smaller decorative flags, closer to the house.
1. Kitchen: The kitchen is usually the woman's oasis in the house. Having the dining area off the kitchen will make traffic flow easy from the kitchen to the table. Making those family meals and spending time with friends and family make the open floor plan very nice. A large island in the kitchen is a great feature to have it makes the kitchen more like a place to gather.
2. Dining Table: If there was more of a rustic look to the log cabin home that I am decorating, I would pick out a table made from the logs of the log cabin. A large bench seating on one side and over sized chairs at the dining table. I imagine a large table to accomodate a lot of friends and family.
3. Decorating the Dining Table: I imagine using earthy tones with a lot of blues and browns. I would leave the table set with dishes, napkins, glassware and silverware to make it look extra inviting. Always have enough chairs for your guest and plenty of napkins on deck.
4. Wall Decoration: Another item or items that could be used to decorate the cabin is a mounted deer head or a fish that has been mounted. This gives the cabin a truly rustic feel. Also, Put pictures of family up everywhere to present a cosy feeling at your cabin.
5. Decorating: A large area rug would be a nice addition to the living room or great room. Having a linolium floor or a wood floor would be easy to clean. If the wood flooring is in an area large enough then it's certainly ok to use an area rug.
6. Antique Items: If you want to decorate with antique items or if you collect a certain "something", like old signs or bottles, maybe old photographs. These would be a great way to re-use something that has been old and forgotten.
7. Front Porch: A wooden porch swing with big large cushions would be a great addition for any front porch. I can also picture two large ferns and a couple of rocking chairs (if room permits). A good way to make your guests feel welcome is to hang some large wind chimes on the front porch. Your house number is a great way to spruce up the front porch and also added safety in case of an emergency and the rescue squad needs to find your home.
8. Marigolds: Living in the woods there are lots of insects and a cheap way to combat them without harmful chemicals being used around the house, is to plant marigolds. These flowers are bright in color and the bugs don't like the smell of them. This is a natural way of getting rid of unwanted bugs while decorating your yard at the same time. Marigolds are also known to help with mosquitos.
9. Little Extras: Make sure that the picture frames all match in each room. Just remember it is hard to follow a "theme" in a room if you have several different pictures with two or three different themes.
10. Curtains: This item can be in any color of course, I would just make sure that the curtains coordinate with the couch and the pictures as well.
Wall Mounted Singing Fish
- 10 Fun Things To Do in The State of Minnesota
Whether it's a Vikings football game, The Minnesota Zoo or the Mall of America, their is never a shortage of places to go in this state. Videos and pictures highlight this traveling article.
- 10 Things To Do in Kentucky
Come experience all Kentucky has to do including visiting The Muhammad Ali Center, The Louisville Zoo and the Corvette Museum. Commentary, pictures, videos and other facts are listed here.
- How to Have an Affordable Water Park Vacation
This article describes the proper way to go to a Water Park trip for cheap. Pack your own cooler, bring lunch and snacks and using coupons are some ways to keep the cost down on a vacation.
- Universal Studios Orlando: A Wild Ride Through Hollywood
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. This Theme park features rides that are unlike any that other parks offer. In this place you Ride the Movies. Jaws and Back to the Future.
- A Day Trip To Oak Mountain State Park
This article is about Oak Mountain State Park located in Hoover, Alabama. It has swimming, fishing, boating, grilling, hiking, camping, paddle boats and much more. Pictures and polls are found here.
- How to Get Ready for a Weekend Camping Trip
This article contains ideas on how to prepare for a great camping trip. For example, when camping be sure to pack a cooler full of drinks. Pictures, you tube videos, commentary, a map and a poll are included in this hub. Links to other related hubs w
Log Cabin Ideas
Thing's To Do at a Cabin
Log Home Design Ideas
© 2013 Buster Johnson