Greatest Sports Quotes of All Time
The Talk of Sports
Quotes from the Sports World
This is just a glimpse at the often hilarious and outrageous things that have been made by people that have been involved in sports t some facet or another.
1. Bobby Knight: " When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass." Knight was a college basketball coach. He was a very controversial coach that was known for having temper tantrums.
2. Jack Dempsey: A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." Dempsey was a Heavyweight boxi:ng champion. He was a classy champion who did not talk trash about his rivals. He is in the Boxing Hall of Fame.
3. Paul Bear Bryant: " It's not the will to win that matters-everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." Bryant was a college football coach. Bear Bryant was a perfectionist who accepted nothing less than the best from his athletes. Bryant is best known for taking the Alabama Crimson Tide to National Titles.
4. Yogi Berra: " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra was a baseball player. He was a true competitor who never gave up. A cartoon was invented because of this player so that should tell you that he is well known.
5. Martina Navratilova:" Whoever said, It's not whether you win or lose that counts, " Probably lost." Navratilova was a female tennis player.
6. John McEnroe: " I'll let the racket do the talking." McEnroe was a tennis player known for arguing with the players, the officials and even the fans.
7. Ronnie Lott: :" If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it." Ronnie Lott was a football player in the NFL.
8. John Madden: " The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break." Madden was a NFL player, coach and commentator.
9. Jerry Rice: " I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that." Jerry Rice was a wide receiver in the National Football League.
10. George Best: " I spent 90 percent of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted. Best was a professional Soccer player.
11. Bobby Jones: " Competitive Sports are played mainly on a five and a half inch court, the space between you're ears." Bobby Jones was an Amateur golfer.
12. Muhammad Ali: " I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in the bed before the room was dark." Muhammad Ali is a former three time heavyweight boxing champion.
13. Wayne Gretsky: " You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take." Gretzky is a former NHL hockey player.
14. Archie Griffin: It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." Archie Griffin was a NFL football player.
15. Billie Jean King: " Champions keep playing until they get it right." Billie Jean King was a professional tennis player.
These athletes can be quoted constantly for their words with the media.
Which is The Best?
Who is the most quotable mouth in sports history?
1. Mike Tyson ( Boxing) He has been involved in several physical altercation in the sport and outside the ring as well. His comments and his actions have been printed all over tabloids for decades.
2. Dennis Rodman ( Basketball) He was quick to lob verbal and / or physical blows on or off the court. His hair colors and dressing up in ladies clothing kept him in the paparazzi's view all the time.
3. Jose Conseco (Baseball) Conseco has been known to actually instigate problems between other athletes and also the media. Conseco has said some knuckleheaded things so often that ESPN stopped filming him.
4. John McEnroe (Tennis) McEnroe has a world famous temper. Whether it was the officials, fans or the media McEnroe would let them have it. He actually was a great tennis player but his flair ups made him get more news than his wins did.
5. Terrell Owens (Football) Owens really does not have many physical confrontations but many vulgar phrases have came out of his mouth. One time after getting a touchdown while playing for the 49ers he ran to the center of the field (Cowboys Stadium) and slammed the ball down on the star and all the Cowboys fans booed.
"The Greatest" Muhammad Ali
Coach Bear Bryants Football Team
Where was he born?
view quiz statistics
Bobby Knight Rants
The Wide World of Sports
- Sports in The 1970's: The Best of The Decade
Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and The Pittsburgh Steelers football team were a major part of American sports during the 70's. Pictures, commentary and youtube videos are listed in this hub.
- Fishing Basics: A Beginners Guide
Fishing is a fun sport and relaxing activity to do solo or with family, friends and other competitors. This article will take you through basics such as hooking the line, reeling the fish in and more.
- Sports on The Water!
This article describes the top water sports in the world. Fishing, boating and sailing are featured in this water sports hub. Pictures, videos, a poll and commentary are also listed in this blog.
- Best College Football Players of All Time
This article describes the top College football players in history. Tim Tebow, Hershel Walker, Jim Thorpe and Charles Woodson are featured in this football blog.
- Boxer Destroys UFC Legend in MMA Bout: Ray Mercer vs. Tim Silvia
This article illustrates the Mixed martial arts bout between former boxer Merciless Ray Mercer and former UFC Heavyweight champion Tim Silvia. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this hub.
- Best NBA Players in History
This article is about the top basketball players in NBA history. Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabarr are listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are listed in tis hub.
- Best Tennis Players of All Time
This article focuses on the best Tennis players ever. Roger Federer, John McEnroe, Jimmy Conners and Arthur Ashe are highlighted in this hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are highlighted throughout this blog.
Jerry Rice is Amazing
Ten Classic Mike Tyson Quotes
© 2012 Buster Johnson