How To Get Crossfit Results Fast
What It Takes To Be A Crossfitter
Before jumping into Crossfit, it's important to understand what it takes to be a Crossfitter.
Crossfitters are a breed of people who do not know how to quit. They have a special attitude in them to finish what they have started. Even though they may not finish first or may not lift as much weight, they do the exercises (WODs) until they are done.
Are you that Crossfitter? Not all people who start Crossfit have that kind of an attitude initially, but they quickly learn the rules of the game. Those who decide to stick around are embraced by the Crossfit community and are pushed by those who surround them at the Box (Crossfit gym).
Getting Crossfit Results You Are Looking For
Everyone is looking for different Crossfit results when they start to do Crossfit WODs. First question arises - What is your Crossfit goal. Some people want to lose a lot of weight, while others may want to just lose the last 10 pounds and gain lean muscles. In some cases Crossfitters want to gain a lot of muscle, and in others they want to gain energy and even confidence. Everyone has their own goal when it comes to Crossfit. Lets take a moment to reflect on your personal Crossfit goals...
What Kind Of Crossfit Results Are You Looking For?
Inside The Box
This is by far my favorite book about Crossfit. Learn how a 47 year old transformed his life through Crossfit and what he had to go through to get there. An amazing story of inspiration and motivation. Discover for yourself a sweat-soaked fitness revolution that’s transforming bodies and lives.
Ten Things You Need To Do To Get The Best Crossfit Results
Although your goal may be different from someone else's there are certain things you need to do to get the best Crossfit results:
- Eat breakfast
- Supply your body with enough nutrition throughout the day for the intense exercises
- Set your WOD schedule and stick to it
- Always show up for your WODs
- Do all exercises with your best intensity
- Let go of your ego, if the weight is too heavy, switch it out
- Take rest days to let your body recover
- Drink WATER!
- Track your progress. You may not see your results, taking pictures of yourself every couple of weeks and tracking how much weight or reps you are doing during each WOD will give you a better idea about your progress
- Never quit, your mind will give up before your body does
Final Though On Getting Crossfit Results
If you do the work during your Crossfit WODs, you WILL see results. Let go of all of the preconceived notions, of all of the excuses, and all of the if's and but's. Embrace the culture of Crossfit and be excited to feel the pain during your WODs because pain means results.
Related Articles You Will Love
- Crossfit Bodyweight Exercises
Bodyweight exercises are great to add to your WODs for many reasons. Some do them because they do not have all of the equipment, others because these exercises can add intensity to a WOD.
- Best Workout Plan For Busy Parents
Do your kids and work keep you busy? Fitting a workout routine can be hard, I know because I was there. Here is a great way to get a quick workout while still taking care of your chores and work.