- Sports and Recreation
How To Get a Crabbing License for Crab Pots In New Jersey
Crabbing In New Jersey
I enjoy crabbing in the Intracoastal Waterway in New Jersey. Crabbing is great fun and delicious too if you are lucky enough to get some keepers. If you use a crab trap where the doors remain open and only close when you lift the trap you do not need a crabbing license in New Jersey. If you use a recreational hand line you also do not need a license.
I've decided I'd love to own a crab trap that I do not have to monitor all of the time. These crab traps, officially called crab pots, can sit unattended in the water for hours. Crabs are able to enter the crab pot but once they are in the can not get out. You need a crabbing license to use a crab pot in New Jersey.
The Crabbing License
At first I was concerned about the cost of a crabbing license. Don't worry about this. I am just a recreational crabber. The recreational, non-commercial crab pot license costs a mere $2 as of summer 2010
The crabbing license will allow you to use up to two crab pots at one time. You can not share your license.
Presents For Fishermen
- Best Romantic Gift Idea For a Fisherman - Bathroom Stuff Series
OK, you are looking for a gift for a fisherman. This fisherman has every lure on earth, every rod imaginable, the fisherman has a boat, good waders, you name it if it can get wet, they've got it. What are you...
- How to Change Address Contact Information On New Jersey Crabbing License
If you have obtained a New Jersey Crabbing license so that you can legally catch crabs using a crab pot, good for you! If you haven't and want to know how to get a crab license, I've linked an article that I...
How to Obtain a New Jersey Recreational Non-Commercial Crabbing License
This is very easy to do. I won't go into boring detail on this but I'll point you in the right direction and give you an idea what to expect.
This whole process can be done online. The following instructions are just a basic overview of what is going to happen. If you go to the site in step one, you'll be guided step by step on the New Jersey fish and wildlife site.
1. Go to http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/als/websalesintro.htm
2. At the bottom of the web page click the "Start Here" button.
3. Select the ID method you wish to use. Very easy and self-explanatory. Basically a few steps where you use your social security number, drivers license number, etc to identify yourself.
4. Check off whether you are a N.J. resident or non-resident
5. Enter all of your contact information
6. Fill out the child support obligation form. Eh, yes, you have to fill this out :-) You'll see what I mean.
7. Choose the permit you want
8. Choose method of payment
9. Print out your license on your printer. You'll need to have a printer attached to the computer you are viewing the license on. They won't mail one to you except under special circumstances.
It sounds like a lot but it is really easy. Have fun and happy crabbing!
- One of The Best Fishing Lures For Catching Bass - Twister Tail
If you like to fish for bass and want a reliable way to catch a nice lunker, this article might help. This article will show you how to use a twister tail (sometimes just referred to as 'Twister'). More...
How Fast Is Your Fishing Boat?
- HOW MANY MILES ARE IN A KNOT? HOW MANY KNOTS TO A MILE? LEARN HERE - CAPTAIN
How fast is a knot versus a mile? Learn here to get an idea how fast the boat you use for fishing really goes!
Fishing For Love?
- Plenty of Fish POF Review
Hey fishermen need to find love too. Is this site worth looking for that soul mate to fish with?