How To Select NFL Football Teams For Yahoo Pick 'em
Are you ready for some Yahoo Pick'em Football?
I've been participating in a Pro Football "Pick 'em" league for a few years now. I'm not a football fanatic. I attempt to pick the teams who I think have a good chance of winning.
For some strange reason my strategies don't always work in my favor. Hmmmm.
I tend to root for the underdog and it's a euphoric feeling when they actually win. It's entertaining being part of the group and also a challenge.
The players cease to amaze me each week with who will be in the lead. We all have our personal method of trying to pick the winning team of the week.
You could use stats, injuries, which player is in for the week or who's out, pick distribution or luck of the draw.
Sunshine does things her way. There is no set method. She's just a random kind of girl who wants to win. I hope.
Carrie Underwood - Sunday Night Football Theme
Sunshine's Strategies to Select the Winning Weekly Pickem Football Team:
1. Which team comes first in the alphabet...A's, B's, C's they are my top choice.
2. Pick the home or away team across the board.
3. Flip a coin ... heads one team, tails for the other.
4. Are the team mascots a bird? An animal? Which one is your favorite? Pick 'em!
5. Pick your favorite color from the teams uniforms.
6. Do you root for the underdog? Pick 'em!
7. Select your least favorite team of the two.
8. Choose which city or state you have visited or would like to visit.
9. Which team has the cutest cheerleaders...pick 'em!
10. Which team has the hottest quarterback...(have fun ladies)!
More interesting ideas...
11. Select by which team has the most vowels in its name.
12. Make a list of the team names....throw darts at the paper and allow the darts to choose!
13. Read off the names to your kids or grandkids and have them pick!
14. You could also try #13 with your dog...whichever one he/she barks at is your choice for the week.
15. Northern or southern state? Eastern or western? Whichever direction you are in the mood for...Pick 'em!
16. Which team will have the most fumbles? Whichever team has the letter F in it...DON'T pick 'em!
17. Which team has the "state of the art stadium"...Don't pick 'em, they are spoiled!
18. Pick the name with the letter T or D because chances are they will have more touchdowns!
19. Set up a weekly text message reminder for other players to remind them to make their picks, don't send the text and hope they forget...that should get you in the lead!!
20. Finally, just give it your best shot...pick randomly...you have a 50/50 chance of winning either way.
Sunshine's ideas are now public knowledge. I hope they help someone else TRY to be number one for the week.
The above ideas are just suggestions and are not guaranteed to have you win a Pro Football Pick 'em Game. For the record, I did come in second one year and lost by only one game.
To my teammates...may the best picker win!
Feel free to use Sunshine's way of picking, if you are daring enough...you can thank me later. Are you ready for some football?
Do you participate in Fantasy Football leagues?
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu