- Sports and Recreation»
- Hunting & Shooting
How to care for your tactical boots
Tactical boots from Altama
Simple tactical boots care
You got a pair of shiny new tactical boots and you are excited! What happens if after a few airsoft games, paintball or laser tag scenarios or duty missions you find your new purchase dirty or muddy? You clean them!
A lot of tactical boots are not waterproof and may require topical waterproofing solutions. Jungle boots Follow similar cleaning process To care for your tactical boots:
- Remove insoles and let them air dry.
- Hand wash them if you want to, but do not put them in a washing machine
- Remove shoelaces , tie them in a knot or put them in a knot, now you can wash them in a washing machine
- Wipe loose dirt off the boot
- Brush nylon inserts with a soft brush
- Nylon can be cleaned with mild detergent and water or a commercial nylon cleaner
- Apply leather all purpose cleaner, wipe it and let it dry
- You can now polish the leather parts with your favorite leather polish
- Replace the insoles and shoelaces
- Apply waterproofing spray if desired and let it dry according to instructions on the bottle (may take up to 24 hours) You now have a set of shiny tactical boots, ready for more tactical action!
- Caring for your military shoes and boots
Caring for your military shoes and boots can be tricky, especially since there are so many materials used in the modern footwear. What's good for one part of your shoes or gear will be bad for others! Follow these simple recommendations...
- Information about military shoes
Find all you need to know about military oxford and chukka shoes to buy them online!