My Five Favorite NBA Teams
The NBA has changed so much since the days of old. Today, there are so many talented young players in the league. The teams that you could count on to lead the league are now sub-par teams. It is kind of exciting to see fresh new talent, but also a little sad to see some of the players on the verge of hanging up their sneakers. I remember enjoying some of the most memorable rivalries such as the Lakers v. Celtics and the Knicks v. Pacers. We now have a lot of new players and teams. My five favorite NBA teams in 2013 are:
1. OKLAHOMA THUNDER – There is only one name that comes to mind – KEVIN DURANT. He is the most talented player since Michael Jordan. When you add Russell Westbrook to the mix, it reminds you of the memorable Twin Towers (Hakeem Olajuwan and Ralph Sampson) or Michael Jordan and Scotty Pippen. I have to give an honorable mention to Serge Ibaka. I am truly rooting for this team to win a championship.
2. NEW YORK KNICKS – I have been a fan of the New York Knicks since the days of Patrick Ewing, John Starks, and Mark Jackson. I have been waiting all of these years for the Knicks to win a championship. We now have Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler, and Jason Kidd, along with a lot of new and young players. I expect the Knicks to make it to the Finals this year if they can stay focused, and Carmelo Anthony can learn to keep his cool and play his game. This team definitely has the potential to bring a championship title to New York.
3. LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS – This team has come a very long way. I remember when they were the worst team in the league. All of that has changed now that Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have been added to the roster. They are an exciting team to watch, especially if you like to see great dunks thanks to Blake Griffin. They are the team to watch as of late. I would be surprised if they don’t make it to the finals.
4. ORLANDO MAGIC – I know you are probably wondering how the Magic ended up on this list, but I really think this team has the potential to do great things in the future. Glen Davis (Big Baby) has really stepped up since Dwight Howard left the Magic. He started out the season playing very well, but as of late has missed several games due to injury, and the Magic have had a tough time winning ever since his absence. That goes to show how valuable he is to this team. Aaron Afflalo is a great addition to this team. He brings great athleticism and talent to this team. I love Jameer Nelson. He is the heart and soul of the Magic, although he is getting old, he still has the ability to score some points for you down the stretch. JJ Redick is a great player. He can definitely win games for you, but only if he’s having a good night. He is not always consistent, but even when he’s having an off night he plays hard. The newbies I like are Andrew Nicholson and Maurice Harkless who both have been playing well their first season in the league. This team has the potential to win a championship in a few years if they continue to grow together. This is a team to keep your eye on.
5. CHICAGO BULLS – I really like this Chicago Bulls team. They need Derrick Rose back, but they are still doing alright without him. They have major talent in Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah, and Luol Deng. I only hope that when Derrick Rose returns, he will be able to play as well as he did before his injury. If he does return to full form, this team has a championship in their future.
The NBA has a whole new look now with loads of fresh talent. If you are a basketball fan, I am sure you are as excited as I am to see how the rest of this season plays out.