- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports»
- American Football
My Top 25 Power Rankings For Week 6 (College Football 2011)
The Best 25 Teams Going Into Week 6
- Alabama (5-0)
- LSU (5-0)
- Oklahoma (4-0)
- Oklahoma State (4-0)
- Wisconsin (5-0)
- Boise State (4-0)
- Stanford (4-0)
- Clemson (5-0)
- Oregon (3-1)
- Arkansas (4-1)
- Georgia Tech (5-0)
- Auburn (4-1)
- Michigan (5-0)
- South Carolina (4-1)
- Texas (4-0)
- Florida (4-1)
- Illinois (5-0)
- Kansas State (4-0)
- Arizona State (4-1)
- Notre Dame (3-2)
- West Virginia (4-1)
- Texas A&M (2-2)
- Pittsburgh (3-2)
- South Florida (4-1)
- Georgia (3-2)
The Top 21 Matchups For Week 6
- Oklahoma (4-0) vs Texas (4-0) (Dallas) - The Longhorns and Sooners renew the annual " The Red River Rivalry" in Dallas, TX. Texas has started this year 4-0 unlike last year coming into the game after they had lost to UCLA in Austin by 22 points. This will be both teams second conference games as Oklahoma beat Missouri two week ago in Norman and Texas got some payback from a lost to Iowa State last season when they defeated the Cyclones on the road 37-14.
- Florida (4-1) at LSU (5-0) - The Gators were manhandle last week by Alabama in "The Swamp" last week by the score of 38-10. Now the Gators have to travel to Baton Rouge to face top ranked LSU who is also a physcial team like Alabama. Since 2000 Florida has a 6-5 record agaist LSU with three of those victories in Baton Rouge ('01, '03, '09). LSU last time beat Florida in 2007 in Baton Rouge the year the Tigers took home a SEC Title along with a national championship.
- Auburn (4-1) at Arkansas (4-1) - The Tigers pull off a upset last week when they beat South Carolina in Columbia 16-13. But now the Tigers have to travel to Fayetteville where the last time they visited they were beat 44-23. Arkansas is coming off a comeback win against Texas A&M, who will be joining the SEC next season. This is a big game for both teams as Auburn is 2-0 in conference play while Arkansas 0-1 losing to Alabama two weeks ago.
- Georgia (3-2) at Tennessee (4-1) - After dropping there first two games to Boise State and South Carolina, Georgia has won three games in a row and now are 2-1 in conference play. But the last two times the Bulldogs have traveled to Knoxville they were handled by the Vols in 2007 35-14 and 2009 45-19. The winner of this game will be a major player for the SEC East race.
- Ohio State (3-2) at Nebraska (4-1) - Both these teams are coming off embarassing losses. Ohio State losing to Michigan State in Columbus where they only could manage to score just 7 points. While Nebraska was blown out by Wisconsin in the Big Ten conference play debut by score of 48-17. Now the Cornhuskers come home to open up there first home game being a member of the Big Ten conference of the Legends Division. Both teams will be looking to get back in the win column as both teams are 0-1 in conference play.
- Miami(FL) (2-2) at Virginia Tech (4-1) - The Hokies were beaten at home last week by Clemson 23-3 last week. It was Virginia Tech first true test of the season as they played a weak non conference schedule there first four games not even playing a team from a bcs conference. Now these two ACC Coastal division foes take on each other in Blacksburg where Miami hasn't won since 2005 and have a 2-6 record against Virginia Tech in there last 8 meetings.
- Texas A&M (2-2) at Texas Tech (4-0) - Texas A&M has had two heart breaking losses the last two weeks. Two weeks ago they blew a 17-point halftime lead to conference foe Oklahoma State only to lose 30-29 and last week they lost a non conference game to Arkansas where they had a 18 point halftime only to lose 42-38. Now they will go on the road to Lubbock where the Red Raiders will be looking for some revenge as they have dropped the last two meetings to A&M in '10 and '09.
- (Thurs.) California (3-1) at Oregon (3-1) - Both teams are coming off a bye week. Oregon pick up its first Pac 12 vicory over Arizona while California lost to Washington in Seattle 31-23. Last season California held the high powered Oregon offense to 15 points still lose to the Ducks 15-13. The last time California visited Autzen Stadium they were blown away by a score of 42-3 in 2009.
- Florida State (2-2) at Wake Forest (3-1) - Wake Forest has been a surprise so far in the ACC with a 2-0 record in conference play. Now they will face a angry Florida State team that is coming off a bye week but have lost there last two games to Oklahoma and Clemson two weeks ago. The Demon Deacons are 3-2 since 2006 against Florida State but have lost the last two meetings in '09 and last year game.
- Michigan (5-0) at Northwestern (2-2) - This will be the Wolverines first road game of the season as they played there first five games at home and they are coming off a 58-0 blow out of Minnesota last week in Ann Arbor. Northwestern on the other hand as dropped there last two games last week losing to Illinois 38-35 and two weeks ago to Army 21-14.
- Iowa (3-1) at Penn State (4-1) - Iowa has beaten Penn State three years in a row and 9 out of the last 11 meetings. This will be Iowa's first conference game while Penn State is coming off a victory over Indiana last week.
Here the rest of my top matchups for week 6 of college football
12. Missouri (2-2) at Kansas State (4-0)
13. Iowa State (3-1) at Baylor (3-1)
14. Arizona State (4-1) at Utah (2-2)
15. Pittsburgh (3-2) at Rutgers (3-1)
16. Boise State (4-0) at Fresno State (2-3)
17. Air Force (3-1) at Notre Dame (3-2)
18. East Carolina (1-3) at Houston (5-0)
19. Southern Miss (4-1) at Navy (2-2)
20. Marshall (2-3) at Central Florida (2-2)
21. Troy (2-2) at Louisiana (4-1)