- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports
My weekly rant number 2 The England football team
The England football team
Well once again another dismal display of English football we witnessed last night as England scrapped a goalless draw against... er wait a minute was it Spain, Italy or Germany NO!!! it was Montenegro. Well it might of been a draw but one thing is for sure the fans of Montenegro were celebrating and so they should after all a win against England is a good scalp for a lot of Countries or is it?
English football for many years now has been so poor how many times do you all build ourselves up to major competitions only to be left deflated by our teams performance.Time and time again we ask questions of the team and excuses are made.The team gets changed on a regular basis and so do the managers for heaven sake we haven't had an English Manager running the England team for years what does that say about us.
So Whats the Problem
There are many factors i believe that have contributed over the years to the demise of international football for England.
I truly believe we have to many Foreign players in our English Premier league and this doesn't help our own players they are merely there to provide and work around the foreign world class players in the team.
Saying that the English Premiership is the most exciting football league in the world because of the foreign players and people pay alot of money to see these stars week in week out, but this is at a cost to our national game.
Money is the root of all that is wrong with English Football.
Let me Explain
- The Premiership is well sponsored and backed by TV companies all trying to get a slice of live games and bring in revenue.
- Players demand for wages have gone out of control and £100K a week is not uncommon
- Fans come through the turnstiles to see the foreign players
- The clubs now rely on the money on the gates as well as the TV companies
- The TV companies tell the football clubs when they will play
All the above points revolve around money.
So if the Football association (FA) stepped in and made teams only have 2 foreign players what would happen?
What would happen is all the foreign player would go abroad and then a new league would be formed elsewhere and that would then become the "New Premiership".
So really its a catch 22 situation but English Football on an international Level suffers in the meantime and will continue to do so.
- An England Team should have an English Manager
- The England team should consist of as many players from one team as possible like the Germans and Spanish (This is all about being familiar with players around you and players you play with on a regular basis)
- More investment needs to be put into grass roots football for English players
- Unfortunately money is now in control of football so i don't think things will change so therefore neither will the performances of the England football team
So in conclusion in England we should just embarrass the English premiership football which is absolutely fantastic but not to expect too much when it comes to the England football team.We cant blame the players or the managers really as i believe that they all want to win at most of the time try there best but quite simply we are not good enough to compete at international level.The FA know this and so do the players and the TV Companies but while MONEY is running the show nothing will change
My weekly rant number 1
- My Weekly Rant number1 Child Benefit
So apparently if you earn 44 thousand or more per year your well off and being well off means you no longer will receive the Child Tax Benefit under our new Conservative Government or is it Liberal or is it...
My Weekly Rant 3 Wayne Rooney Pay rise
- My weekly rant 3 Wayne Rooney gets 250,000 a week
Well they say you learn something new everyday and i have to say that some of the things you do learn make you wonder..I have read many articles and hubs about how to secure a pay rise from your employer but...
My Weekly rant 4
My Weekly Rant 5
- My Weekly Rant 5 Heavy snow in the UK
Well once again the snow is back in the United Kingdom and the country descends into chaos and this is what forms the subject for this weekly rant!! Snow has hit us early this year and our wacky weather in...