One Game, Two Teams and All Things Ice Hockey
NHL Flyers Ice Hockey and AHL Phantom's (AAA)
Ice Hockey Fun (Top 10)
There are so many different ways to participate in your favorite hobby or sport. There is card collecting, memorabilia collecting and browsing in sports collectibles stores just to name a few. All you need is passion for the hobby or sport, willingness to spend time and a good attitude.
My favorite sport is Ice Hockey and it also happens to be the mainstream of many different hockey things I enjoy. Listed below are 10 different ways I enjoy my favorite sport.
- Ice Hockey (coaching and watching your child)
- Ice Hockey games (travel and college)
- Ice Hockey online (try Wiki)
- Ice Hockey movies in HD
- Ice Hockey on television in HD
- Ice Hockey card collecting
- Ice Hockey memorabilia collecting
- Hockey in the den (table hockey)
- Ice Hockey history link (a hub by me)
- Ice Hockey statistics (top 20)
Coaching and Watching Youth Ice Hockey
#1a - Coaching and Watching Youth Ice Hockey
One of the greatest things about being a parent is watching your child grow up and become an adult. Listening to your child talk or watching them do something they enjoys is truly one of life's rewards.
From the time we organized a development street hockey league for our kids, coached them in youth floor hockey and watched them play through the ranks (Peewee, Bantam, Midget and College) hockey, it was always a distinct pleasure to watch them participate in something they have enjoyed from an early age.
Although they did not always play Ice Hockey, they learned the game, learned to be good sports, won some championships and even won some awards (Most Courageous Player, Most Improved Player and Captain's Award). The levels listed below are the current path of all levels in Ice Hockey and each level up until college has two parts - a minor level which is the first year at that level and a major level which is the second year at that level. The levels further sub-divide into skill classes (C, B, A, AA, AAA).
- Youth Atoms
- Youth Mites (ages 8 and younger)
- Youth Squirts (ages 9 and 10)
- Youth Pee-Wees (ages 11 and 12)
- Youth Bantams (ages 13 and 14)
- Youth Midget 16 and Under (ages 15 and 16)
- Youth Midget 18 and Under (ages 17 and 18)
- College Club (Division I, II and III)
- College NCAA (Division I, II and III)
- ECHL (Single A)
- AHL (AAA)
- Professional (NHL)
#1b - Travel Ice Hockey Tournaments
#2 - Travel and DIII College Ice Hockey
When we got involved in travel Ice Hockey, the kids were at the Bantam major level and I could no longer coach due to the skill change between Pee-Wee and Bantam. Although the Bantam year left us wondering if we made the right decision, the Midget level confirmed we were on the correct path to College ice hockey.
- Midget travel ice hockey in Pennsylvania for tournaments
- Midget travel ice hockey in Pennsylvania all the great places
- Midget travel ice hockey in Pennsylvania for under 16
- Midget travel ice hockey in Pennsylvania for under 18
- College Club Division III and NCAA II
Each spring the NCAA college Ice Hockey tournament is a competition known as the Frozen Four. This is the division I and division III semi-final and final games of the tournament that mimics the Final Four Basketball tournament in March. Some games are played in Lake Placid, NY where the 1980 USA Men's Ice Hockey team ruled the Olympics.
#3 - Reading Internet and Online Ice Hockey
#4a - Ice Hockey Movies (DVD and Blu-Ray)
#4b - Ice Hockey Movies (DVD and Blu-Ray)
#4c - Ice Hockey Movies (DVD and Blu-Ray)
#4 - Ice Hockey Movies DVD and Blu-Ray (top 5)
- Miracle (dvd)
- Mystery, Alasksa (dvd)
- Slap Shot (dvd)
- Youngblood (dvd)
- Mr. Hockey (blu-ray)
#5 - Ice Hockey on HD TV (1080)
- Devil's on Verizon in HD with FiOS
- Flyers on Comcast Sports Net in HD with Xfinity
- NHL game of the week at a local Sports Bar
#6 - Ice Hockey Card Collecting
Dallas: Football and Hockey Sports Card Collection
- Dallas: Football and Hockey Sports Card Collection
Texas is not just a state but a home to the Dallas Cowboys football team and Dallas Stars ice hockey team.
NFL Seven Dynasty Football Teams
- NFL Seven Dynasty Football Teams
NFL Packers, Steelers, Raiders, 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots and ...
#6 - Ice Hockey Card Collecting (top 3)
- 1989 - 1990 Mike Modano rookie card
- 1992 - 1993 Gretzky by Upperdeck (un-opened box)
- 2003 - 2004 Bee Hive Ice Hockey by Upperdeck
#7 - Ice Hockey Memorabilia
#7 - Ice Hockey Memorabilia (top 5)
- Signed NJ Devil's replica Jersey
- Signed NY Islander's authentic Jersey
- Autographed Goalie stick by Flyers great Center - Keith Primeau
- Autographed picture by Devil's rookie
- picture with NHL star Danny Briere
#8 - Ice Hockey in the Den or at Home
#9 - NHL Original Six Hockey Teams and the Stanley Cup Trophy
- NHL Original Six Hockey Teams and the Stanley Cup Trophy
History of the National Hockey League (NHL), The original six ice hockey teams and the last Lord Stanley Cup winners for the applicable 30 teams.
#10 - Ice Hockey Statistics (top 20)
- 1st artificial rink in USA - 1894 - Baltimore, MD
- 1st assistant coach in the NHL - 1972 - Mike Nykoluk - Philadelphia Flyers
- 1st Boston Bruins NHL game - 1924 vs. Montreal Maroons
- 1st Chicago Blackhawks NHL game - 1926 vs. Toronto St. Patrick's
- 1st Detroit Cougars NHL game - 1926 vs. Boston Bruins
- 1st Detroit Red Wings NHL game - 1932 vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- 1st female goaltender to win a professional game - 1992 - Erin Whitten
- 1st Ice Hockey game - 1855 - Ontario Canada
- 1st live radio game in USA - Detroit Red Wings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
- 1st live television game in USA - 1940 - NY Rangers vs. Montreal Canadians
- 1st Montreal Canadians NHL game - 1917 vs. Ottawa Senators
- 1st NY Rangers NHL game - 1926 vs. Montreal Maroons
- 1st NHL game - 1917 - 2 games played
- 1st Toronto Maple Leafs NHL game - 1927 vs. NY Americans
- 1st woman to play professional Ice Hockey - 1992 - Manon Rheaume
- 1st USA Men's Ice Hockey Team Gold Medal winners - 1960
- Most recent USA Men's Ice Hockey Gold Medal, 1980
- 1st USA Women's Ice Hockey Team Gold Medal winners - 1998
- Most recent USA Women's Ice Hockey Team Gold Medal winners - 1998
- 1st NHL Stanley Cup winner - 1926 - Ottawa Senators
My Bleacher Report on Ice Hockey
Ice Hockey is a great sport but the thing that impresses me the most is the players. They are a different breed of humans in the game of hockey and they all will stand by you whatever the situation.
Like any club, division, NCAA or professional sport, Ice Hockey can be expensive from a fan perspective but there is a certain and different thrill going to watch a hockey game. While I never played in organized hockey, the game has always been a part or my life and I do not see that ever changing.
A Bleacher Report on the Game of Hockey
- A Bleacher Report on the Game of Hockey
My experience with Ice Hockey stems from the pond where I first learned how to skate. Teaching hockey is a different story.
Man Versus Ice Hockey
- Man Versus Ice Hockey
The story of one man and his incredible journey with the sport of Ice Hockey.
The Best Sports Jersey Ever
- The Best Sports Jersey Ever
It is not the letters in this jersey that make it the best sports jersey ever.
© 2013 mts1098