Several Things That Ronda Rousey Will Never Do
Just who is this
Ronda Jean Rousey? Rousey was born February 1, 1987 and is an American mixed martial artist, judoka, and actress.
Rousey was the first American woman to earn an Olympic medal in judo (Bronze), which she won at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. She is the former UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion, as well as the last Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion. She won 12 consecutive MMA fights, six in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), before suffering her first loss to Holly Holm in November 2015; she won 11 of those fights in the first round, nine of them by armbar submission. Rousey trains under Gokor Chivichyan of the Hayastan MMA Academy, and Edmond Tarverdyan of the Glendale Fighting Club. In 2015, she was the third most searched person on Google.
As of January 2017, Rousey is ranked the #4 female bantamweight fighter in the world according to the UFC, and #9 by Sherdog. In May 2015, two magazines ranked Rousey as the most "dominant" active athlete. In September 2015, voters in an online ESPN poll selected Rousey as the Best Female Athlete.
I say loudly
Hooray for Ronda Rousey and all female athletes in every sport in which they compete. I say this with a burning personal conviction of getting my opinion out there for the entire world of HubPages to see. And why shouldn't I be proud to be a fan of Rousey? I think that all men and women fans of this woman should stand together and applaud her efforts to accomplish something that most men and women can only crave, but never taste.
Ronda is sure enough a feisty, fiery fighter alright. No argument. But on the other side of her fame and popularity, there is that "List of Things That Ronda Rousey Will Not Do," and whether you agree or disagree with this list, just enjoy reading them.
Ronda Rousey will never . . .
- Be seen cooking in your friendly neighborhood Waffle House. Open 24 hours a day. There's one near you.
- Be seen serving in any location of Deny's. (I had to be fair about her non-employment with food establishments).
- Serve as a guide for a successful shooting range.
- Be an instructor for any shooting range in this country or those in Europe if they exist over there.
- Be seen operating a John Deere combine harvesting wheat in the friendly state of Kansas.
- Employed as a field hand running a Massey Ferguson corn-picker harvesting another big corn crop in the friendly state of Nebraska.
- Run for the job of Mayor in the friendly city of Columbus, Ohio.
- Be the mayor of Columbus, Ohio.
- Be a steamy model on The Price is Right with Drew Carey.
- Date Drew Carey.
- Have a sex change and take up the name of "Randal Rousey" the "Fighting Plumber."
- Train dogs for rich men and women who love to hunt ducks.
- Appear on any final episode of Duck Dynasty "Jack." (Cy Robertson reference).
- Get beaten up by Tom Cruise in his latest Jack Reacher installment.
- Join the United States Marines although boot camp in Paris Island, S.C., would be a walk in the park for her.
- Appear on Sesame Street as Big Bird's motivational friend who talks him out of leaving the show and becoming a spokes-bird for Butterball turkeys.
- Be a driver in the Sprint NASCAR series driving for Rick Hendrick Motorsports.
- Work in an all-night doughnut shop, but if she were to work for Krispy Kreme, she would set some all-time sales records.
- Work as a car salesman in an obscure location in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Paraglide into any Super Bowl no matter where it is being played or whom is playing.
- Date Chevy Chase, Randy Newman, Vin Diesel, or John Fogerty.
- Go out to dinner with yours truly.
- Sing a harmonious duet "Shakin' It" with legendary rocker, Eddie Money.
- Appear in any installment of Grown Ups although fans would love her more than the usual Kevin James, David Spade, and Adam Sandler. I know that I would.
And lastly . . .
- Ronda Rousey will never sit behind her keyboard at a late hour and bang out stories about other female athletes who will not do certain things--and not that this is a bad thing.
Good night, Cleveland, Ohio.
© 2017 Kenneth Avery