- Sports and Recreation
Shaun White Olympic Snowboarding Souvenirs
Shaun White is a professional skateboarder and snowboarder. He was born in 1986, and has been on the slopes since his could walk, but started professionally competing at the age of 17. Although he has been on the radar and 'watch' list since the age of 14.
He has about 15 medals to include 10 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze, as of August 2010. He has won a medal at nearly every competition he has competed in, to include the Winter X Games, 2006 Olympics, and the 2010 Olympics.
With the skills and personality that Shaun White has and the drive of his personality, people have found pulled towards his magnetism all along the way, which is why he has grown so huge and so popular with other snowboarding and skateboarding enthusiasts.
Shaun White has worked with Burton, creating a line of snowboarding gear, which includes snowboard pants, jackets, boots, and gloves. He's, also, worked with Oakley to create a line of sunglasses and snowboard goggles. His products are loved among snowboarders, and you'll find that so many people prefer his products over other brands and styles. They keep snowboarders warm and dry, which is vital when on the slopes.
Being as popular as he is, Shaun White, is a true role model for children and athletes.
Below, you'll find many souvenirs from the Olympics of 2006 and 2010, that feature Shaun White, such as autograph pictures, posters, shirts, and magazines featuring the famous snowboarder.
Check out Shaun White snowboard gear, and the Shaun White tidbits below.
Facts about Shaun White
- Born on September 3, 1986
- He was born with a congenital heart defect and underwent two open-heart operations before he was one
- His nickname is "The Flying Tomato"
- He's a skateboarder and snowboarder
- He rides regular stance, twelve and negative three degrees
- He has had a sponser since he was seven years old
- He endorses Burton Snowboards, Oakley, Inc., Birdhouse Skateboards, Park City Mountain Resort, Target Corporation, Red Bull, Ubisoft, Adio, and Hewlett-Packard
- He is the only skater to land the body varial frontside 540 (The Armadillo)
- He was the first to land a Cab 7 Melon Grab in vert skateboarding
- He was the first, and only, person to win both a Summer and Winter Dew Cup
- He was the first snowboarder to win back-to-back gold medals in the Winter X-Games Superpipe
- He the record for the highest score in the men's halfpipe at the Winter Olympics, with a 46.8 that he earned in 2010
- He's a two-time Olympic gold medalist
- He was the first to compete and medal in both the Summer and Winter X Games in two different sports
- He won gold in the halfpipe in the 2006 Winter Olympics
- With a near flawless run, he won his third consecutive title in 2008 at the U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships in the halfpipe
- He won a gold medal in the superpipe in 2009 at the Winter X Games
- In 2009, he also won a gold medal in Slopestyle
- He won the FIS World Cup Men's Halfpipe event at Vancouver's Cypress Mountain in 2009
- He won a gold medal in the halfpipe at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver