How To Ollie | Skateboarding Trick Tips for Beginner Skaters
Introduction to the Ollie
The Ollie is the most important trick in skateboarding.
So many other tricks can only happen if you know how to properly Ollie. For example, before you can land a kickflip, 50-50 grind, nosemanual, etc you have to first know how to Ollie.
In this hub, you're going to learn exactly how to Ollie, step-by-step.
How to Ollie | Trick Tip Video
How Many Decks Do You Wish You Could Ollie?
How To OLLIE Step-by-Step
Here are the step-by-step instructions for how to Ollie on a skateboard.
- Front foot in the middle of the board
- Ball of your back foot in the center of the tail
- Shoulders should be parallel with your skateboard
- Stand up straight, crouch down and pop
Learning how to Ollie takes practice, but once you've got the right timing, it becomes a very easy skateboard trick.
80% of Skateboarding is Mental
For you to learn how to Ollie, you've got to believe in yourself and your ability to learn this trick. Countless others skateboarders have mastered this trick, so you can too.
Here are some tips for you:
- Look forward, over your leading shoulder when Olling
- This keeps your skateboard from landing sideways
- Visualize yourself doing this trick in your mind perfectly
- Then crouch down and jump up as you kick down on the tail
- Slide your front foot up the board as you suck your knees to your chest
- Level your board out and come down for landing and roll away
Go outside right now (or in your garage) and figure this trick out. Think it through all the way to the end, where you roll away like a pro. Then test some theories out and tweak the results until you land kickflips whenever you want.