Soccer vs Basketball
I want to start my article by criticizing myself for calling football as soccer. Although I hate calling football as soccer I know that most of audience is Americans and what they call football isn't football. (As a sports admirer I watched American football matches and kind of like the game but I am against a game played with hands being called football:)
There are two kind of people soccer lovers and basketball lovers. What is the differences between those two games. (I can hear you saying: "One is played with foot, other with hands.":)
- Soccer is more of a team work. A team playing in great harmony is more likely to win over a team with one super star.
- Basketball is a game of superstars. One man can change everything. (Michael Jordan. No other word needed to say)
- Soccer is a game of strategy spread over all 90 minutes, leaves not much room for suprises.
- Basketball is a game of breaking points. The whole course of the game can change in last 10 seconds.
- Soccer can be played by anyone. It doesn't matter how tall or muscled you are. Every kid can dream of being a soccer star.
- Basketball is for big guys. If you are short you can dream of being a basketball critic.
- Soccer can be played everywhere. I remember playing with crushed coke cans as ball and goal made of two stones.
- Basketball needs equipment. You have to have good ball and a hoop at least.
- Soccer is an outdoors sport.You can play soccer in green fields or under snow.
- Basketball is an indoors sports. You have to find a good weather or a good place.
- Soccer is a continuous sport. You go out and play for 2 halves of 45 minutes without any period other than 15 minutes half time. You can only change 3 players (5 in some countries) so at least 8 of players remains on the field for 90 minutes.
- Basketball is played over 4 quarters and teams can take breaks and there is a circulation of players all the time.
As you can observe I am a man of soccer. If you have any more item to add to this list feel free to comment.
And yes one is played with foot other one is played with hands :)