Start Em and Sit Em for Week 4
5 Players to Start and 5 Players to Sit in Fantasy Week 4
Week 4 poses some pretty intense match ups around the league. This is one of the first weeks of the season where good teams start to separate themselves from the average teams. I've evaluated the fantasy options and have given you 5 players that are must starts this weekend and 5 players you may want to leave on your bench. Let's get started!
1. Adrian Peterson - Peterson plays against a beat up Kansas City defense who gave up 26 fantasy points last week to Ryan Matthews of the Chargers. Their offense isn't good enough to stay on the field so expect A.D. to get many carries in this one. He's a must start!
2. Drew Brees - Jacksonville defense has been decent this year, but Brees is averaging 22 points a week in fantasy formats, so expect him to continue to throw the ball around a lot and put up big numbers against the Jags.
3. Santana Moss - He's been sub-par at best this year, but he's facing a Rams defense that has given up a league leading 6 touchdown receptions to opposing receivers, so expect Moss to have a huge game this Sunday.
4. Aaron Rodgers - Over his last 13 home starts Rodgers has gone 12-1, while passing for 3,609 yards and 29 touchdowns. That comes out to 277 passing yards per game and two scores per contest. I like his chances of continuing this against the Broncos this weekend. He's a must start!
5. Greg Jennings - Someone has to catch all of those balls from Rodgers, and after JerMichael Finley's performance last week, I expect John Fox's defense to target the tight end, which will leave some single coverage for Jennings on the outside. Expect a big week for the Green Bay wide out.
1. Beanie Wells - We're not sure if Wells is going to play yet or not, but if he does, I would only consider him a third flex option against the Giants. Osi is back in the lineup and the defensive front is looking better each week.
2. Joe Flacco - Flacco has proven he struggles against solid secondaries, and that is what the Jets are bringing to town against the Ravens. Look for him to play like he did two weeks ago against the Titans. Go with your other QB if you have a better match up this week.
3. Rashard Mendenhall - Mendenhall has not run well to start the season and has just one game with double digits in Fantasy points in Week 2 against the Seahawks. He only managed to score 4.6 points against the Colts rush defense, so don't look for him to have a huge game this weekend.
4. Cam Newton - I know Newton has put up big numbers in the first three weeks of the season, but Chicago has a swarming defense that is very opportunistic and will create some take aways. Look for the Bears to keep Cam in check this week.
5. Felix Jones - The Lions have given up the third fewest fantasy points to opposing running backs this year, so don't expect the injury prone Jones to have a pick game this weekend. I would stay away from Dallas offensive players in general apart from Witten.