- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports»
- American Football
TOP 15 GAMES OF WEEK 4 FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL (2012)
Impact Players For Week 4
15 Games To Watch This Weekend
Hey folks, I know I haven't been writing for a while, had some computer problems my laptop is down right now so I have do this when I have a chance. It is week 4 of the college football season and we have already seen some top teams fall. Louisiana-Monroe upset Arkansas in overtime then they took Auburn into overtime but loss when Auburn's kicker Cody Parker hit a field goal to win the game after ULM missed their field goal try. Michigan just got destroyed by Alabama in the season opener as people thought that it would be a top non conference matchup but it didn't turn out that way. USC got punched in the face by Stanford as they made the Trojans look soft and really not worthy of national title contention in my opinion. Sorry I missed the first three weeks of my top games of the weekend. But I will start with week 4 top matchup for this weekend as we are into to one-fourth of the college football season.
- Clemson (3-0) at Florida State (3-0) - The Noles have played three games with the combined score of 176-3! Now they face there toughest competition of the season so far. Clemson on the other hand faced Auburn in week 1 winning 26-19 but beat Ball State two weeks ago and fcs Furman last week. The winner of this game will be the front runner to win the ACC Atlantic division and could be in national title contention as well. Last year this game propelled Clemson to the Atlantic divison title as they defeated Florida State at home 35-30.
- Michigan (2-1) at Notre Dame (3-0) - Notre Dame has gotten off to it best start since 2002 season as they beat Michigan State in East Lansing last week 20-3. Now they face Michigan who already has one loss as they got trounced by Alabama in week 1 41-14. Since then they have reeled off two wins against Air Force in week 2 and a beat down of Massachusetts last week 63-13. The Wolverines have won three straight in this series and 5 of the last 6. Last year's game was one to remember as Notre Dame took a 31-28 lead with 27 seconds left but Michigan scored a touchdown with :08 left to win the game 35-31.
- Kansas State (3-0) at Oklahoma (2-0) - The last time Kansas State beat Oklahoma was in the 2003 Big 12 Title when they supposely ruined Oklahoma chances at a national title. But the Sooners still played in the bcs championship game that year even though they got whipped by the Wildcats 35-7. Since then the two teams have met 5 times ('11, '09, '08, '05 & '04) all Oklahoma victories including a 58-17 win last season. Oklahoma will be coming off a bye week, they faced UTEP in week 1 and looked pretty average coming away with 24-7 win and beat fcs Florida A&M two weeks ago 69-13. So this will be Oklahoma's first true test of the season as well for Kansas State too even though they have a 52-13 win over Miami(FL) in week 2.
- Missouri (2-1) at South Carolina (3-0) - Missouri will go on the road for their first taste of SEC play when they travel to Columbia, SC. The Tigers got back in the win column last week with a non conference win over Arizona State 24-20. In week 2 the Tigers faced Georgia and gave them a game for three quarters before losing 41-20. South Carolina after beating Vanderbilt by 4 points in week 1 has won two blow out games against East Carolina (48-10) and last week defeating UAB 49-6.
- Arizona (3-0) at Oregon (3-0) - Oregon has cruising to victories in the first three games. In week 1 they put of 50 points in the first half!! on Arkansas State before winning 57-34. In week 2 they defeated Fresno State 42-25, 35 came in the first half. Last week they beat fcs Tennessee Tech 63-14. Arizona has gotten off to 3-0 start with it biggest win so far being a win over Oklahoma State in week 2 59-38. In week 1 the Wildcats had to go into overtime to beat Toledo 24-17 and last week they had no trouble with fcs South Carolina State as they shut them out 56-0. Arizona is 1-8 in its last 9 trips to Eugene. This should be Oregon's first true test of the season.
- Oregon State (1-0) at UCLA (3-0) - Oregon State has only played one game as there first game was cancelled with Nicholls State due to the hurricane in Louisisana where Nicholls State was unable to travel. The one win the Beavers do have is a 10-7 victory over Wisconsin in week 2. The Beavers should be well rested as they are coming off a bye week. The Bruins have a big non conference win of themselves also as they defeated Nebraska 36-30 where they piled up over 600 yards of total offense. Last week they defeated Houston 37-6 as they await the Beavers to open up conference play.
- (Fri.) BYU (2-1) at Boise State (2-0) - The Cougars were upset by there in-state rival Utah last week as they missed a field goal that would have sent the game into overtime. In week 1 though BYU whipped Washington State 30-6. Boise State is coming off a win over Miami(OH) last week 39-12 as they had a bye in week 2. The Broncos opened their season with a lost to Michigan State in East Lansing 17-13. These two teams has only met twice before with Boiset State winning both ('04 28-27 & '03 50-12).
- California (1-2) at USC (2-1) - The Trojans took step back last week as they not only lost to Stanford for the fourth time in a row, they were manhandle by the Cardinal only scoring 14 points and being outgained 417 to 280. California is coming off nearly upsetting Ohio State in "The Horseshoe" but came up short 35-28. The Trojans can still contend for a Pac 12 South title and possibly could see Stanford in a rematch. But they must get pass upset minded Cal first.
- Rutgers (3-0) at Arkansas (1-2) - The Scarlet Knights are coming off a big road win as they defeated South Florida last Thursday 23-13. As for Arkansas after blowing a 28-7 lead to Louisiana-Monroe and losing to them in overtime in week 2 and then just getting absolutely beat to the white meat by Alabama last week 52-0. It will be interesting to see how the Razorbacks respond cause Rutgers will be a challenge for Arkansas.
- Syracuse (1-2) at Minnesota (3-0) - With a win Minnesota will already have more wins than they had a year ago going 3-9. Syracuse got in the win column last week when they defeated fcs Stony Brook last week 28-17. These two teams faced each other in 2009 when Minnesota beat Syracuse at the Carrier Dome 23-20.
Here are the rest of my top college football games for week 4.
11. Vanderbilt (1-2) at Georgia (3-0)
12. Utah (2-1) at Arizona State (2-1)
13. LSU (3-0) at Auburn (1-2)
14. Maryland (2-1) at West Virginia (2-0)
15. Fresno State (2-1) at Tulsa (2-1)