Disney World Little Known Facts
Walt Disney World
Top 10 Little Known Facts About Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World a family vacation destination for people all over the world. It has earned its status as such with so much to see and do it is impossible to do it all in one trip. I have been making the trip to Walt Disney World every year now for the last 25 years, and I still am amazed at what I miss. My first trip was in 1972 I was six at the time. The only park in 1972 was Magic Kingdom. It left such an impression on me that I vowed to go back, and I have! We went back as a family in 1981 when Disney opened the second park, EPCOT. Once again Disney magic was at work. I was 17 at the time and still fascinated with what Disney had to offer. Since then, Disney has opened Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios) in 1989 and then Animal Kingdom in 1998, and they never disappoint!
Well here are the 10 Little Known Facts about Walt Disney World, I am sure it is more, but these are the ones that I find intriguing.
1. Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom was debut in Walt Disney World in Florida before going to Disneyland in California.
2. All of the veggies and fish grown in the Land, in EPCOT, are served as food in the Land restaurants.
3. Mission Space in EPCOT requires more computers than a NASA space shuttle
4. Rockin Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios was the first inverted roller coaster in Disney history and the first to have synchronized sound.
5. Did you know that there has been 3 different versions of Journey into Imagination in EPCOT?
6. Cinderella Castle suite used to be a Reservation Center Call Center.
7. The tombstones of the Haunted Mansion are the names of Imagineers who created the place.
8. Test Track in EPCOT is the longest and fastest ride in all Walt Disney World it reaches a top speed of 65 mph and logs nearly a mile per ride.
9. All the parks are filled with hidden Mickey’s!
10. When you enter Magic Kingdom look to your left and find the old Fire Station with a light in the window this light burns continually in memory of Walt Disney.
I know that I said I would provide only 10 Little Known Facts, but once I got started I just couldn’t stop so here are a few more for your enjoyment.
11. The steam train that runs around the Magic Kingdom is powered by bio diesel; the old grease that they fried your French fries in is used to power this train!
12. Look for the Disney Cast Members in the plaid vests, they are usually guiding children of Stars or VIPs take a picture! You may be surprised.
13. Walt Disney was the voice of Mickey for over 20 years.
14. It would take one person 60 years to stay in every single room in the Walt Disney World complex
Did you know that Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards nominations with 59 and has won the most Oscars with 22? There is so much more to discover Disney is always coming up with something new so we will never know it all, but we will have fun discovering!
Velzipmur aka Shelly Wyatt
Holidays and Special Events
- Did you know that in January Walt Disney World presents a Marathon Weekend. Characters and cast members are there to cheer on the runners.
- February can get busy around Valentine's Day
- March they celebrate St. Patrick's Day at Downtown Disney's Irish pub and in EPCOT the United Kingdom celebrates with Irish dining and dancing.
- ESPN Sports complex hosts the Atlanta Braves for spring training
- Easter is a very busy time to visit
- EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival goes on from March through May
- Star Wars Weekend are generally in May and/or June
- In July Disney celebrates the 4th of July with extra fireworks and this is a very busy time of year.
- In September they host a "Night of Joy" with contemporary Christian music live in Magic Kingdom
- Children's Miracle Network Golf Classic is played here in October
- EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival runs from September through November
- Halloween is celebrated from late September through October
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with special activities
- Disney's Magical Holidays celebrated from late November through December
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Holidays around the world at EPCOT
- New Year's Eve Celebration
- Experience Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom is a great place to experience a variety of the world's animals. Learn about the preservation and conservation of animals.
Disneyland California Fun Facts
Disneyland Park in California opened in 1955.
The Castle in California is Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Ronald Reagan was at the dedication of Disneyland Park in 1955
Disneyland has had 600 million guest since it opened in 1955.
Pepsi sponsored Disneyland's opening.
Did you know there was a plumbers strike and Walt had to choose between having working drinking fountains or working restrooms. He chose working restrooms.
It was unusually hot (101 degrees) on dedication day.
The asphalt had just been poured that morning and women's heels were sinking.
view quiz statistics
How many times have you been to Walt Disney World in Florida?
Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World
© 2013 Shelly Wyatt