Fastest Hands in Boxing History
Lightning Fast Boxers
Which boxer has the fastest hands?
The Who's Who of a Professional Boxing Match
1. Roy Jones Jr. - Superman Roy Jones had fast enough hands to dominate an undefeated James Toney for the Super Middleweight Title and he also won championships at Middleweight, light heavyweight (3 times) and heavyweight. Jones was known to throw 5 and 6 punch combinations and he once put his hands behind his back and then leaped out with a left hook to knock out Glen Kelley. His lead left hook, lead uppercut and his lead right hands were fast and deadly and few could imitate what his hand speed done. He has solid wins over Toney, John Ruiz, Antonio Tarver, Reggie Johnson, Bernard Hopkins and Felix Trinidad.
2. Sugar Ray Leonard - Sugar Ray used his speed to baffle Marvelous Marvin Hagler and win the middleweight crown in a close bout and he used his speed to make the great Roberto Duran quit and made Leonard a two time welterweight champion. Also, his hand speed weas evident when he won the light heavyweight crown from Donnie Lalonde. He knocked out LaLonde with a combination of hand speed and ring smarts in general. His hands speed was on full display against Tommy Hearns when Leonard rallied to K.O. The Hitman in 14 with a super fast display of hand speed and accuracy mixed together.
3. Wilfred Benitez - Benitez won the jr. welterweight Championship when he was only 17 years old which is a boxing record. Benitez had hand speed and boxing skills comparable to Sugar Ray Leonard, who beat Benitez in a 15th round T.K.O. Benitez proved his hand speed one more time by easily boxing circles around Roberto Duran and winning a decision. In that match he landed flurries of punches on the face of Hands of Stone allthroughout the scrap.
4. Muhammad Ali - The greatest had the fastest hands the heavyweight division has ever seen. He used his hand speed to dominate Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson (Pattereson had quick hands himself), George Chuvalo and Archie Moore. In his three fights with Joe Frazier and his three bouts with Kenny Norton Ali showed he had the superior hand speed, Finally, George Foreman's hand speed looked pathetic in comparison to Ali's speed. Ali destroyed Foreman by 8th round knockout and on offense his hand speed was obvious from the start.
5. Hector Camacho - Macho Camacho had quick hands and feet. His jab and strait left hand were razor sharp and blazing fast. He used his jab to beat Edwin Rosario, Greg Haugen and Sugar Ray Leonard. Although he was boring sometimes using his footwork to run the ring he also had fast hands and could land 3 and 4 puch combinations with ease when he wanted to.
6. Floyd Patterson - Patterson proved his hand speed by winning the Olympic Gold Medal and the heavyweight championship twice. Patterson won the heavyweight crown by knocking out Archie Moore in 5 rounds and he was out landing the Ole Mongoose 2 to 1 during the match. He also used hand speed to regain his title (The first heavyweight to do so.) by knocking out Ingo Johansson twice with a mix of speedy combinations and the peek a boo style head movement he employed.
7. Sugar Ray Robinson - Sugar Ray is known as the greatest boxer in history for a slew of reasons and his hand speed was one of the many. He beat Jake LaMotta to the puch in 5 out of 6 battles and his hand speed allowed him to win the welterweight crown and the middleweight title 5 times. He knocked out the iron chinned Gene Fullmer with a lightning fast short left hook that Fullmer never saw and it put him to sleep.
8. Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Mayweather uses his defense more than anything but when he opens up his hands are very fast and his accuracy is fierce. Mayweather always lands a high percentage against his opponents and he is known to throw odd two and thee punch combinations to the head and body. His speed of hand was too much for Juan Manual Marquez, Ricky Hatton, Jose Luis Castillo and Arturo Gatti that is fure sure.
9. Mike Tyson - Iron Mike used his hand speed and power to flatted Michael Spinks (undefeated) in 91 seconds and to destroy Larry Holmes in 4 rounds. Tyson liked to throw a right to the body followed by a right uppercut to the head and it was as fast as anything you have ever seen. Even in slow motion replays it appears to be going fast.
10. Manny Pacquiao - Pac Man is a fast boxer with his feet and his hands. His speed was to much for Erik Morales in 2 out of 3 and it was to much for Marco Antonio Barrrera twice. Anyone who saw Ricky Hatton and especially Oscar De La Hoya being beaten to the punch by Pacquiao knows that Manny knows hand speed. He punches from all angles and they all come very fast.
Everlast Boxing Gloves
Sugar Ray Leonard's Biggest Wins
Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Floyd Mayweather, Sr.
Where Was Roy From?
view quiz statistics
- Boxing's Best Body Puncher's of All Time
This hub documents the top Body punchers in boxing history including Julio Cesar Chavez, Roberto Duran, Mike McCallum and Henry Armstrong. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are listed in this article along with other information on
- Boxing's Best Finishers of All Time
This article is about the best finishers in boxing. in other words these guys can crack. If they get you hurt they usually end or finish the match. George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, Felix Trinidad, Julian Jackson and Earnie Shavers are documented in this
- Boxing's Best Jabs of All Time
This article is about the boxers with the best jabs in boxing history. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are highlighted in this hub. Larry Holmes, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson and Joe Louis are featured in this prize fighting
- Best Canadian Boxers of All Time
This boxing article describes the top Prizefighters from Canada. Sam Langford, Jimmy McClarnin, George Dixon and George Chuvalo are listed in this article along with videos and pictures.
- Boxing's Worst Decisions of All Time
This article focuses on the worst judging seen in the squared circle. Tommy Hearns vs. Sugar Ray Leonard and Evander Holyfield vs. Lennox Lewis are chronicled in this boxing hub. Also, You tube video clips, maps, polls and commentary are featured in
- Best United Kingdom Boxers of All Time
This article documents the best Fighters from the United Kingdom. Lennox Lewis, Joe Calzaghe, Henry Cooper and Jimmy Wilde are featured in this pugilistic hub. You tube videos, polls, pictures, maps and commentary are also listed in this hub. Lennox
Roy Jones Career Highlights
Wilfred Benitez Highlights
Sugar Ray Robinson Highlights
Birthplace of Wilfred Benitez
© 2013 Buster Johnson