- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports»
- American Football
Week 12 Most Intriguing Matchups for College Football (2011)
Top 10 Games For Week 12
- USC (8-2) at Oregon (9-1) - It is really ashame that the USC players that are there now are on probation for something that they didn't have anything to do with. But we know that how the NCAA rolls, full of crap if you ask me. The Trojans are sitting in first place in the Pac 12 South division with a 5-2 record in conference play, but can only play spoiler since they can't go to the Pac 12 title game due to probation. Oregon on the other hand is coming off a big time road win over Stanford as the Ducks take first place in the Pac 12 North. Now they will come back home to host USC on Saturday. The Trojans have reeled off two victories after there triple overtime loss to Stanford three weeks ago. The last time the Trojans visited Eugene ('09), they were blown out by Oregon 47-20.
- Penn State (8-2) at Ohio State (6-4) - After a difficult week for the Penn State players they lost to Nebraska in Happy Valley last week 17-14. Penn State still controls its destiny in the Big Ten Leaders division but they will need to win starting this weekend in Columbus as Ohio State still is in the Big Ten Leaders race as will but must win Saturday and next week to have a chance. The Buckeyes are coming off a overtime loss to Purdue in West Lafayette. The Buckeyes have lost the last two times they have travel to West Lafayette now.
- Nebraska (8-2) at Michigan (8-2) - Both teams bounced back with wins last week after losing two weeks ago as Nebraska lost at home to Northwestern and Michigan lost to Iowa in Iowa City. Nebraska held off a emotional Penn State team in Happy Valley 17-14 and Michigan went on the road and defeated Illinois 31-14. These two teams are tied for second place in the Big Ten Legends division with a 4-2 mark in conference play. So the winner of this game may still have a shot at the Big Ten Legends title but will need some help to do so.
- Wisconsin (8-2) at Illinois (6-4) - Wisconsin still is in the Big Ten Leaders division race but will need to win out to win it starting this Saturday as they go on the road to take on a Illinois team that has now lost four conference games in a row after they lost to Michigan last week at home 31-14. Wisconsin is coming off a road win over Minnesota last week by the score of 42-13.
- Oklahoma (8-1) at Baylor (6-3) - The Sooners are coming off a bye week where two weeks ago they defeated Texas A&M 41-25. But they lost their top receiver, Ryan Broyles for the season in that game. Now they travel to Waco to face Baylor a team that they have never lost to in school history, the Sooners are 20-0 all time against Baylor. Baylor is already bowl eligible and will be looking spoil Oklahoma's Big 12 title hopes as the Sooners will have to win out to win the Big 12 title.
- Virginia (7-3) at Florida State (7-3) - The Noles have won five in a row after losing three straight games as they defeated arch rival Miami(Fl) last week in Tallahassee 23-19. Now they get a Virginia team that is still in the ACC Coastal division race but will need to win out starting on Saturday in Tallahassee where they have never won. Virginia is coming off a 31-21 victory over Duke they ended a three game losing streak to Duke.
- (Thurs.) North Carolina (6-4) at Virginia Tech (9-1) - Virginia Tech is sitting in first place in the ACC Coastal division with a 5-1 record in conference play. They are coming off a Thursday night win over Georgia Tech in Atlanta last week 37-26. With a win this Thursday and a Virginai lost Saturday they could clinch the ACC Coastal. But last time the Hokies hosted North Carolina on a Thursday night in Blacksburg (2009), the Tarheels pull off they upset 20-17.
- Miss. State (5-5) at Arkansas (9-1) - Arkansas destroyed Tennessee last week in Fayetteville 49-7 as Miss. State lost to Alabama in Starkville 24-7. The Bulldogs are still not bowl eligilble with just five victories and will be looking for the upset as they will travel to Little Rock to face Arkansas. The Hogs can't get caught looking ahead as they will travel to Baton Roung next Friday to face top ranked LSU. Arkansas still has a chance at the SEC West title if they can win out.
- Iowa (6-4) at Purdue (5-5) - Purdue upset Ohio State in West Lafayette last week in overtime 26-23. They have beat the Buckeyes the last two times they have come to West Lafayette ('09 they beat Ohio State 26-18). Now the Boilermakers get Iowa at home, the Hawkeyes are coming off a home loss to Michigan State 37-21, the loss pretty much knocked the out of the Big Ten Legends division. Purdue will be looking to become bowl eligible with a win, both teams are 3-3 in conference play.
- Kansas State (8-2) at Texas (6-3) - The Longhorns are coming off a loss to Missouri last week 17-5. Kansas State outlasted Texas A&M in four overtimes last week as they defeated the Aggies 53-50. The Wildcats are sitting alone in third place in the Big 12 and althought they can't win it they can position themselves to go to a good bowl game as for Texas they will be looking to rebound from last week lost to Missouri in Columbia as they host the Wildcats.
Here are some matchups for week 12 College Football (2011)
11. Miami (FL) (5-5) at South Florida (5-4)
12. California (6-4) at Stanford (9-1)
13. Texas Tech (5-5) at Missouri (5-5)
14. Cincinnati (7-2) at Rutgers (7-3)
15. Vanderbilt (5-5) at Tennessee (4-6)
16. Louisville (5-5) at Connecticut (4-5)
17. Boise State (8-1) at San Diego State (6-3)
18. SMU (6-4) at Houston (10-0)
19. Tulsa (7-3) at UTEP (5-5)
20. Louisiana Tech (6-4) at Nevada (6-3)
21. Ball State (6-4) at Northern Illinois (7-3)
22. Eastern Michigan (6-4) at Kent State (4-6)