Louise Lately profile image 73

Will the cycling sport ever recover after Armstrong confession or is it too little too late?

After Armstrong confessing to Oprah recently that he was on doping for all of his Tour de France titles - do you think the sport will ever recover? There were even rumours that cycling would be dropped as an Olympic sport if Armstrong confessed. What do you the repercussions will/should be after such a scandal?

CyclingFitness profile image92

Liam Hallam (CyclingFitness) says

• Louise Lately profile image

Louise Lately 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment CyclingFitness -I agree that I think the sport will overcome this scandal. I do see Armstrong's Oprah interview as a bit of a publicity stunt but it's what the audience wants 2 see - & a step for him to repair his ex-ca

Powerful Pierre profile image76

Powerful Pierre says

• Louise Lately profile image

Louise Lately 4 years ago

very true, and I believe doping is not just Armstrong's problem (even though it is to a massive extent), it's a problem within the sport as a whole so tougher controls are needed and hopefully it will reinforce trust in the sport - thx for ur reply!

capon profile image59

Tony Capon (capon) says

• Louise Lately profile image

Louise Lately 4 years ago

I believe that you"re right about that there are enough strong Cycling stars/role models to bring the sport forward, many thanks for your comment

Louise Lately profile image73

Louise Lately says