Anthony Binks profile image 60

Does anyone else get pain in their calves after doing a run and do you know why?

Everytime I go for a run my calves are killing the next day, I have new runners which have been broke in so I can't figure out why. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

dailytop10 profile image87

dailytop10 says

• Anthony Binks profile image

Anthony Binks 4 years ago

I can understand the new shoes as you have to bed them in but it is still happening months down the line. If you find a solution will you let me know please dailytop10. Thanks for your comment.

lupine profile image81

lupine says

• Anthony Binks profile image

Anthony Binks 4 years ago

Thanks lupine.

I have seen other runners with them and never really knew why, sort of thought they were for keeping heat in..... shows you how much I know.

jeffduff profile image77

Jeff Duff (jeffduff) says

• Anthony Binks profile image

Anthony Binks 4 years ago

I am going to give that a go jeffduff, I do sweat a lot when exercising so you might have hit the nail on the head. Thanks very much.

number2son profile image59

number2son says

• Anthony Binks profile image

Anthony Binks 4 years ago

It does fell like the sort of muscle tightness you would get if you just started back after a couple of weeks out but this seems to happen all the time after running and it takes a few days to disappear, Thanks for your answer number2son.