Thief12 profile image 92

Is there any other team sport where the burden of the game falls as heavy as on the quarterback?

I mean, even in baseball, although the pitcher has a very important role, every player also gets a chance to hit the ball. In football it's almost as if it was the quarterback and a bunch other guys. I might add that I don't follow football that much, but that question has always stuck with me from watching the way football is reviewed in ESPN and other media.

twayneking profile image83

Best Answer twayneking says

• Thief12 profile image

Thief12 4 years ago

Wow, that's a wonderful analysis. Thanks for your insight.

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• Thief12 profile image

Thief12 4 years ago

Yeah, so if a team loses 2-0, even though the goalie "allowed" 2 goals, people are mostly going to blame the team for not scoring. However, the quarterback always gets the blame for not pushing the ball enough, not making accurate passes, etc.

Larry Wall says

• Thief12 profile image

Thief12 4 years ago

That's a good point, but I don't think the burden of the game falls as much on him, but on the scorers. At least not to the level that the media puts the blame on a quarterback if a football team loses.