lions44 profile image 100

Does Don Mattingly deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

Now I know he does not have the numbers, but I'm not a stats guy. I go by what I saw and he was a great Yankee. Yes, it matters if you play in New York. The pressure is that much greater. A .300 average in NY is like a .325 average in Kansas City. 9 Gold Gloves, 6-time All Star. Batting Champion. Career average at .307 with 2100 hits. So I say yes.

Bill Yovino profile image84

Bill Yovino says

LandmarkWealth profile image78

LandmarkWealth says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

Could not have said it better myself. We've gotten so caught up in sabremetrics these days that a player's defensive prowess is put aside. It was just him and Winfield carrying that team for so long. Then Dave left, and it was all him.

Frank Atanacio profile image74

Frank Atanacio says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

Great comparison to Bernie Williams. I never thought of that. There's a lot of great Yankees like that (Munson, Howard, Randolph).

Tim Chirillo profile image60

Tim Chirillo says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

I agree he won't get in. It's a bottom line (stats) league. That's why I wish they would use the NFL standard of measuring great players.

EJ Lambert profile image74

EJ Lambert says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

Bold statement...but true. My opinion on the Pete Rose issue has changed completely over the years. I used to be very much against him as a HoFer. Now I believe he needs to get in. Blyleven but no Rose? Ridiculous.