lions44 profile image 99

Was Tom Brady wrong in not visiting the White House with the rest of the Patriots this week?

Tom Brady skipped the Patriots' White House trip this year. Every year the Super Bowl champs are invited to meet the President. He claimed his family time is too valuable. Was he being disrespectful? Racist? I always defend Brady from the "haters," but this time they may be right. No matter the motivation (political, family etc.), he is going to be vilified for it. I just believe that anytime you can go to the White House it's important because in this era of political division, some levity is needed.

DzyMsLizzy profile image97

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

connorj profile image75

John Connor (connorj) says

• feenix profile image

feenix 2 years ago

For me, it would have been an honor to have been invited to White House when George W. Bush was president. But being invited to the White House with Obama as its resident ....

word55 profile image73

Word (word55) says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 2 years ago

That was one of the most reasonable takes I've heard on this issue. I guess you have to take someone at their word until there is evidence to the contrary. Thx.

Chris Austin profile image81

Chris Austin says

lions44 profile image99

CJ Kelly (lions44) says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 2 years ago

I guess my own views are closest to yours. I'm also thinking about good PR vs. bad PR. So much of being a leader is just showing up.

feenix profile image60

feenix says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 2 years ago

Strong take, feenix. Looking at the way the press is treating Brady, it sounds like they do think the President is a king. Sad.

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 2 years ago

The hatred of Brady is clearly driven by jealously. This is much ado about nothing. He's the greatest of all time and people just need to acknowledge that; then move on. Now, he should have just admitted to the attempted deflation and be done.