MarieLB profile image 83

Why are so many people prepared to take serious risks in extreme sports,

I have just viewed a number of pics of extreme sports - a few are attached- and it does make me wonder what it is that attracts some to exploits that are not just difficult and ardous but evidently risky. I am thinking of skywalking on the Alps, climbing a tree then standing on barely enough of a foot space, where the slightest slip will have you falling so far down, that I doubt you'd be alive to feel the splat. . .that sort of dangerous stuff.

gmwilliams profile image86

Best Answer Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

You are quite correct in your views here gmwilliams. It is commendable to face one's fears. I have however, wondered whether they are prepared for unintended consequences.

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

Yes, I agree, peachy. I find it remarkable that they are prepared to risk their physical health, or even their life. Thanks for sharing your view.

Sarah Anderson profile image72

Sarah Anderson says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

Hi Sarah Anderson, They may believe it, but do you? I believe in many things, and I sure believe in hard work, but risking death or worse still, being a quadruplegic. . . . I can't help but wonder at the wisdom of it all.