hacsar profile image 57

If you are a hunter you probably have at least one rifle with a variable power scope on it. I have s

Fixed power scopes are less trouble and more dependable in most cases, yet variables outsell them. Is the variable ability worth using or is it just a neat thing to have? I think I could get by just fine with a fixed power scope. I can get along fine with iron sights in many cases. What do you think? Most people in my opinion set their scopes for too high a power and lose out on field of view (the amount of area you see in the scope picture). After losing a deer in the woods because of a limited field of view I have begun keeping my scopes on their lowest power except in special situations.

DJKrasner says

Jawa Lunk says