tsmog profile image 83

What are views of the San Diego Chargers moving to LA announced Thur 1-12-17?

The Chargers moved from LA to San Diego in 1967. The played in LA since originated in 1959. They played in SD for 49 years. The issue deciding the move was a new stadium that spanned some 10+ years. Did San Diego fail to make good on a new stadium, so it is the city's fault for the move? Should Dean Spanos have elected to stay and work out a new stadium on good faith? The Chargers will be sharing a stadium with the Rams. Is that a good thing for the NFL? What are your views?

lions44 profile image96

CJ Kelly (lions44) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 7 months ago

Your right the politics and finances of the last vote was confusing for some. Also, it was San Diego City proper vote and not county. If it was county financed somehow there may have been a better chance? Yup on Raiders? A fight ahead I guess . . .

Alternative Prime profile image88

Alternative Prime says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 7 months ago

I am sure Spanos considered the opportunity to move to a greater market. The odds of filling the stands every game are much greater even if mood is low with losing season. But, how long to build rapport I question.

Mel Carriere profile image89

Mel Carriere says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 7 months ago

I live in Escondido. I have always been a Cowboy fan, but always enjoyed being able to watch the Charger season games. Now, games will be jumbled. I don't have ESPN or sports channels, so I am limited to local TV channels broadcasts.