Best Lightweight Backpacks
Lighten Your Load
As a mom of three boys I begin to feel that I am a beginning to be an expert a picking out backpacks. In my opinion backpacks should always be lightweight, durable and made to last. While I love a good deal, I have learned not to waste money on bags that do not hold up to my standards. It is better to spend a little more for a bag that will last then it is to have it break while using it and then be stuck carrying your things in a plastic bag.
I have been asked why get the lightweight bags then? Why not get the backpacks with thick material that is heavy and will last a while? My answer is always, Who wants to carry an extra five pounds around?
While its true a heavy bag may last longer then some of the lighter weight options. In my opinion and experience it is best just to seek out the best lightweight solutions instead and have the best of both worlds.
Image Credit:Eagle Creek Packable Daypack, Black
Things To Look At
- Is the bag big enough for what I want it for? The bag is not the one if it will not carry as much as you need. It is usually best to go a little bit bigger then you need then try to go for smaller.
- Will the color of the bag show dirt easily? While not an issue for everyone, as a mom a refuse to get white or very light colored backpacks because if we do the bag would probably need to be washed every week.
- Will the bag be comfortable? Make sure the straps are adjustable and straps are padded, even a light bag can seem heavy if it is not comfortable to wear.
- Is the bag light enough but heavy enough for my needs? Look at the type of material to make sure the material is tough enough to carry heavy objects if needed.
Ultra Lightweight - So Light You Will Forget It Is Even There
Made of water-resistant nylon, comes in zippered small pouch to store it in.
Rolling Back Pack That is Light To Carry
* Very light construction. Wheels and handle are light but durable.
* Bottom of bag is reenforced for longevity.
* Handle is comfortable to grip and easy to use.
* Front bag pocket is roomy with daisy loops
* Main compartments have dual zippers.
Square Shaped Bag for Bike Riders
Lightweight laptop backpacks built directly for bike riders. Available in many colors and designs.
Best For Traveling
When traveling I like to pack as light as possible. When going by plane I rarely carry more then one bag on board plane going to my destination. Although I admit I do like to shop and get things for my friends and family so I usually have two bags on my way home.
The best way to do this is to carry a lightweight bag in the regular bag to have as needed, the light bags with unbreakable material that comes folded in a small carry case works great. Although for smaller trips I might just carry an extra mini bag that mimics more of a purse so I do not have to check a bag if all goes well.
Large water resistant red lightweight backpack with padded and adjustable straps.
Wide heavy duty light weight daypack that is easy to clean and fold up when not needed.
Small purple light backpack with pretty print and lots of pocket. Comes with mini pouch that is not connected.
How To Pack Light When Hiking
Lightweight Backpacks are great to use to limit the weight needed to carry around on a hiking trip, but if you do not pack right amount or items you may be stressed later on.