The 5 Teams That Are Most Likely to Win the Stanley Cup
As the season is getting on a roll, some teams are standing out and some teams are not. Teams like the Washington Capitals are a force on the ice, and they are working hard. Looking at predictions, standings, stats, and gut feelings, here are the top 5 teams that I think have the best chance to win the cup in the 2019-2020 season.
1. Boston Bruins - (Seemingly) Everyone's favorite team, the Boston Bruins. As usual, the Bruins are off to a strong start. The top line of Marchand, Pastrnak, and Bergeron have been controlling the game and boosting the Bruins to many wins. The team has good depth as well, and have a very good chance of winning the cup.
2. New York Islanders - A team that has recently caught my attention is the New York Islanders. As a team that I have not thought of as a cup contender for a long time, they are doing well in the league being 3rd overall at the moment. Their roster looks strong and, considering their start, I believe they will at least make it to division finals, if not more.
3. Colorado Avalanche - The Avs have been serious competition this year, and they are a big competitor in the league. Their roster hold such superstars as Nathan Mackinnon, Gabriel Landeskog, Mikko Rantanen, and young hotshot Cale Makar. These players contribute greatly to the team's success. They have great depth which leads me to bileive that there is a monumentous chance of them winning the cup.
4. Washington Capitals - The Wahsington Capitals, being ranked number one right now, are a team that is worth looking at. Alex Ovechkin, though he is old, is one of the most prevelant players in the league. As long as other teams keep him out of his "office", they should only have to deal with a few other threats on this very strong team.
5. Edmonton Oilers - This is a strong team that is playing very well right now. They have players such as McDavid, Lucic, and Nugent Hopkins who are propelling the team to victories in the league. I think that this is the year that they make a playoff run and potentially capture the cup.
These are my predictions; however, you must remember that things change throughout the season, so I probably will be off. Thank you for reading!