How to Shoot Like Stephen Curry and Score More Points
The Shotloc Shooting Tool (the secret to Stephen Curry's shooting touch)
Stephen Curry has become one of the best shooters in the NBA. His shooting touch is lethal and has elevated him as one of the top 20 players in the NBA at a very young age. His career percentage of .44% three point shooting ranks second only to Steve Kerr's .45%. However, Steve Kerr was a backup spot shooter who took significantly less shots per game then Stephen Curry. Bottom Line: Stephen Curry knows how to shoot a basketball and has mastered the art and science of the jump shot. You would be wise to mimic his textbook form and work ethic.
Stephen Curry's shooting form is simply perfect. For anyone who is new to learning the art and science of how to shoot a basketball, the internet is filled with a plethora of websites telling you how to shoot. ,The basic formula for shooting can be learned by following the acronym of B.E.E.F. which stands for Balance, Elbow, Eyes and Follow through. I shot 48% from the three point line in High School and College by using this formula for shooting (However, I was not a volume shooter like Mr. Curry and the three point line for High School and College is four feet closer to the rim). You will find the B.E.E.F formula taught in most of the websites demonstrating how to shoot. If you want to see Stephen Curry exemplify how to use the B.E.E.F fundamentals watch this clip on Youtube.
As I was perusing the internet and comparing stats and percentages (yeah, I'm a basketball geek) I came across the Shotloc basketball training tool that enhances shooting accuracy by correctly aligning hand and ball placement. I continued to investigate and was surprised to see Mr. Curry marketing the product. I was a bit skeptical at first because these guys get paid to market products. However, after hours of convincing research I was moved to purchase this piece of equipment to help my shooting touch (I may be old but I still can get buckets). It looks like the Shotloc basketball training tool is the perfect complimentary tool to improve your accuracy during basketball shooting drills. Listen to what the best shooter in the NBA has to say about it...
Shoot the Basketball Perfectly - You can wear the Shotloc during practice and shooting drills
This tool helps make perfect shooting mechanics second nature.
Quotes About Stephen Curry
- "You just pray when he shoots it that it don't go in." Dwyane Wade, Player for the Miami Heat.
- " [Stephen Curry] is the best shooter in the world." Charles Barkley, Basketball Hall of Fame.
- "It was like playing against Michael Jordan." Greg Popovich, Coach of San Antonio Spurs.
Become a Clutch Shooter
The shotloc basketball training tool has been scientifically proven to increase shooting percentage and accuracy for free throw shooting. If you are no stranger to basketball, you realize that certain principles enhance and hinder your chances from making a shot. Many players learn bad mechanics which hurt their shooting performance for life. Some notable mistakes are pinching of the fingers while shooting, allowing the ball to sit in the palm of your hand, and flicking your hand to the side after the ball is released. The shotloc basketball training tool solves all these problems and helps correct bad shooting habits for players who were taught wrong. This is the perfect tool for a coach to purchase for basketball camp or a parent to buy for their son or daughter.
By looking at the picture you can tell how the fingers are perfectly positioned for ball control and how the tool is engineered to elevate the ball from touching you palm.
The Shotloc training tool has several advantages:
- Helps you position your fingers for ball control
- Keeps the ball elevated off your palm to avoid shot putting or throwing the ball
- Allows you to train during live play, your driveway, or during basketball shooting drills
- Gives your hand muscle memory retention to help you shoot perfectly after the tool is removed
- Become a great shooter is a result of hours of practice shooting the right way. Anyone who tells you they know how to improve your shooting without hours in the gym or driveway doesn't know much about shooting a basketball. The Shotloc training tool enhances your workout experience and is great for young kids learning the fundamentals of shooting.
- JUST THINK, NEXT SEASON YOU COULD BE SHOOTING TEAMS OUT OF ZONE DEFENCES, ADD SIX POINTS TO YOUR SCORING AVERAGE, AND IMPROVE YOUR FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE.