How to Start and Build a Successful Sports Private Coaching & Training Business
Let me show you how to start and run a highly successful sports coaching & training business
Over the last decade, I've built a highly successful sports coaching business. The business has two main revenue streams:
- Private coaching fees
- Revenue from sports websites
I know the sports coaching business, and the web business inside and out. I've spend hundreds of hours building this business, so I know what works and what doesn't work. And as the saying goes: if I only knew then what I know now, I could have built this business faster, and built it to greater heights than it is now.
But that's an advantage for you. You don't have to go through all the ups and downs I did. You don't have to have the steep learning curve that I had. I can make it a lot easier for you than it was for me.
So how am I qualified to teach people about starting and building a successful private coaching business on the Web?
I know sports
- I played high school, college, and professional basketball
I know private coaching
- I coached a professional team overseas, have coached youth teams and at camps
- I've been a private basketball coach for over a decade.
- I charge up to $85 per hour for my services
I know the Internet
- I have a network of websites that drive more clients my way than I can handle.
- My websites all show up on page 1 of Google for their relevant search terms (if you know anything about SEO, Google, or getting on page 1 of Google, you know this is an accomplishment).
- One of my websites was on page 1 of Google for a very broad, single-word search with over 120 million results. Yes, you read that correctly: my site was one of the top 10 results (number 7 to be exact) out of over 120 million results.
- My sites generate over 25,000 unique visitors per month, and over 30,000 visits per month with NO PAID ADVERTISING.
- My sites generate anywhere from $300 to $750 per month in Google adsense revenue, and this doesn't factor in the individual paid advertisers that pay me to place ads on my sites, or the affiliate revenue the sites generate, or the income generated from private coaching sessions that come in through my websites.
Please take advantage of the information on this lens. It'll help you start a coaching business. And if you already have a business up and running, the information here will help you become more successful at what you're alread doing.
And by the way, this lens is a work in progress. We're going to be updating it, adding to it, changing it, and making it better over the next few weeks. So check back often to see new additions and changes.
Thanks for stopping by!
Why the web is such a powerful tool for private coaches and trainers
Private coaching is all about getting clients. The more clients you have, the more hours you can coach, and the more money you make.
It's a pretty simple formula.
So the main issue with a private coaching business is getting new clients (and keeping your existing ones, of course). The Web is a brilliant tool for helping you get more clients. And in addition to helping attract clients, the Web allows you to generate other revenue streams so that your hourly coaching fees aren't your only source of revenue.
And therein lies one of the biggest benefits of having a coaching and information business online: you aren't limited to how many clients you have and how many houre in a day you can coach. Having an online business allows you to generate revenue from your expertise in a variety of ways (and not just hourly billing).
So how can you get more clients?
There are many ways to get more clients:
- Personal contacts
- Referrals from coaches
- Referrals from existing clients
- A web presence
If you're lucky enough to have a big name (i.e. be famous coach or ex-player), have a large number of exisiting and long-term clients, or get tons of referrals, you probably are as busy as you want to be. But for most of us, there's always a desire to get more clients and to grow the business.
I can help you grow your business. I know I can because I've grown mine from scratch, without a big name (I'm not famous), without a large number of existing clients, and without tons of referrals. I built it from the ground up and I can show you how to do the same.
How can the web help me get more clients and how can I build an online coaching business? - Here are some of the ways you can use the Internet to grow your busi
- Get a web presence.
Build a website, start a blog...you have to have some sort of web presense. It just makes sense and you're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't utilize what is one of the most powerful marketing tools available.
And having a web presense doesn't have to be expensive. In fact, there are various ways to have a web presence at almost no cost, or literally no cost (other than having access to a computer and the Internet).
- Use social networking sites
Social networking sites are a great, low-cost way of getting the word out about your business. And if you have a website or blog, you can drive a ton of traffic to those places using social networking sites.
- Use coaching directories
Find a coaching directory, and list you and your company.
- Use a web-based pay-per-click ad service
Google is the best known and probably the most used pay-per-click ad service, and Yahoo has one too. One benefit of these types of ad services is that you only pay when someone clicks on one of your ads (but of course, there are some disadvantages too).
- Place an ad on a website
You can contact websites directly and ask them how much it would cost to put a small ad on their site, or buy a link back to your site or blog.
- Place a classified ad (online or off-line)
Newspapers and larger websites may offer classified advertising. You can also place an ad in a hard-copy newspaper (which, of course, is off-line).
Here are my current coaching websites
Here is a list of some of the sites that are in my coaching network
- Basketball Success
Basketball tips and training articles.
- Basketball Drills
Basketball drills covering all areas of the game.
- Girl's and Women's Basketball
Basketball tips and information focusing on girl's and women's basketball.
- Post Player and Power Forward Training
Tips, drills, and training info for post players and power forwards.
- Basketball in the Zone
Articles and information to improve the mental part of the game.
- Basketball Trainer Directory
Database of private basketball coaches and trainers.