Super Bowl Party Menu
Football Party Food
A good super bowl party usually lasts well beyond the time limits of the game itself. There are the pregame festivities, halftime show and of course the rehashing and celebration after the game. Each of these parts calls for some good snack and food choices.
As the host or hostess of the party you need to be prepared for many hours of feasting. You will want to make sure to have plenty of finger type foods handy for during the game time and a hearty menu to be served during halftime.
In this lens I will provide a menu that has worked for our super bowl parties and some recipes from other lenses ..
JJAVA - Fotolia.com
I'm very honored to have this lens selected as Lens of the Day for February 4, 2010
Menu for Super Bowl XLIV
Wheat Chex Mix
Rye Bread Pizzas
Sloppy Joes with Cheese Slices
Vegetables and Dill Dip
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Snack Foods for the Super Bowl
Rye Bread Pizzas
These little rye bread pizzas are easy to eat and serve. They can be made ahead of time and frozen. Then when it is game time they just need to be popped in the oven and soon they are ready to eat. You may vary the ingredients to suit your taste, but here is what I used in my last batch.
1 lb. pork sausage
1/2 lb ground beef
1 lb Velvetta
1 teaspoon. Italian Seasoning
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 loaves cocktail rye bread
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1. Brown your meats and drain well. Set these aside.
2. Melt the Velvetta. I do this in the microwave, it took about 5 minutes and I stirred every minute or so.
3. Combine the Velvetta and seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. When thoroughly blended add this to the meat.
4. Spread the mixture on the rye bread slices.
5. At this point I arranged these in a single layer on a cookie sheet and stuck them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. After they were frozen, I put them in freezer bags for future use.
6. When you are ready to serve the pizzas put them on single layer on cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10- 15 minutes.
You can also add other favorite pizza ingredients to this recipe. Some suggestions would be chopped peppers, chopped olives, or mushrooms.
Football Player Shaped Platter - great for serving those little pizzas
This football player shaped platter would be great for serving appetizers at the Super Bowl Party!
A Hearty Sandwich is Essential
Sloppy Joes make a Great Hearty Sandwich
make ahead in crockpot
My sloppy joe recipe is fairly easy to make and serve. I brown the ground beef with chopped onions in a skillet and then drain well. I then put the ground beef mixture and my favorite barbeque sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's) in a crockpot and stir. This mixture can be kept on low in the crockpot throughout the party and guests can help themselves to a sandwich.
I serve the sloppy joes with slices of cheese and large size hamburger buns.
Desserts for Half Time Eating
Football decorations help to create a festive atmosphere.
Gooey Butter Cookies-Perfect Super Bowl Dessert
- Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
Start with a chocolate cake mix to make these delicious gooey butter cookies. They are easy to make and delicious to eat. They are a great dessert that you can eat with your hands too!